Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Sure they can if Congress deems the economic impact to the country, the States and to the citizenry to be so paramount that a mandate is either necessary and proper or for the overall welfare of the country. All insurance is considered interstate commerce (hence, the reason the "commerce clause" was used as justification for the mandate), but commerce alone, IMO, isn't justification enough. The Constitution does grant Congress the power to write laws and levy taxes. It's a matter of if Congress is able to tie all these things (or a combination of any two) together - interstate commerce, general welfare, necessity and justifiable cause - w/taxation in order to impose a mandate.
    constitutionality aside, do you think ms mccaskill is ALONE?

    highly unlikely, not the standard for senate scuttlebutt

    and i KNOW ben nelson, jon tester, kent conrad, bill nelson...

    all significantly RIGHT of the senior from MO, ms claire, as reliable an obamite water carrier as any upstairs in 2009 and 2010

    jiltin joe lieberman is gonna be trouble for THIS white house on the mandates

    JOE MANCHIN from west virginia, who to get elected to kkk byrd's seat put a BULLET thru cap and trade, OPPOSED ON THE FLOOR both dadt and dream

    piece by piece repeal---the HALF TRIL cuts to medicare (while expanding its rolls by millions), the 300B burden on our already bankrupt states, the collecting of PERSONAL DATA on every american citizen

    the 1099's, which the president himself now desires dumped, even tho they've survived challenges TWICE already in reid's roundhouse

    the hiring of extra irs agents

    the "agency's internal watchdog," wednesday: Report rips IRS 'torment' of taxpayers - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

    how do you think the dogs are gonna descend on THAT, the single most DESPISED dept in dc?

    try to see moves ahead

    it looks like the reprobates are gonna rush thru lower house a massive REPEAL of the complete piece (next wednesday) by some margin like 250 to 190

    how's THAT gonna affect the stiffnecks and jilters when it comes to mandates, burdens on states, massive CUTS to medicare...

    mccaskill is a terrifying talisman, don't you think?

    take care, stay up
    Last edited by The Prof; 01-07-11 at 08:12 PM.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    But the system is being thrown out and we are going the other direction.
    Go Teabaggers!!

  3. #343
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Go Teabaggers!!
    How many seats did the Dems lose on November 2? 60?

    How do you explain that? Bush's fault? Messaging problem? Americans are all racists? Are they too stupid to understand how great Liberal Dems really are? What's todays excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #344
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who passed the law that said people can't be turned away, because they don't have insurance?
    Who passed a law that says that you gotta have insurance to purchase health care? Whats insurance have to do with health care? I just pay for my own dang health care, I don't need no stinkin rip-off insurance plan. But why should I get turned away when I can just write a check or use a credit card?

    So, instead of that, now I have to pay even more money out of my pocket, because of Obamacare? How does this help me, again?
    Thats what we all want to know. Exactly why do we need Obamacare? Whats a matter with just paying our own bills ourselves just like we pay for food or gas?

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I know you are aware of this - that a portion of our insurance premiums go towards paying for those non-funded health care costs. What you're complaining about - individuals on social programs like Medicaid - are dipping in your pockets via your tax dollars. But that's not the issue at hand here. Regardless, either way YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT - be it Medicaid for the poor or higher premiums due to the lazy SOB who refuses to get health care but can afford to do so.
    true, but obamacare doesn't fix any of that

    and makes so many things so much worse

    obamacare adds THIRTY MILLION to the m and m rolls while drastically CUTTING their already chronically overstrained funding

    it claims to PAYFOR all this thru that warn out buzzword, WFA---waste, fraud and abuse

    do you buy THAT?

    and thru SAVINGS it presumes thru decreased er traffic

    which, it turns out, according to the boston globe, in massachusetts, years into romney care emergency room traffic and costs actually increase appreciably, precisely because all those new enrollees overwhelm our already stretched-thin doctor pool

    people can't make appointments for weeks, they go to er (read the LINKS)

    just doing anything is no solution for the problems that ail us

    boo radley (LOL!) once said, "it's not a good start, just a start"

    that's not good enough, y'know, when you're, umm, THE PRESIDENT

    don't let yourself be LOL-able, think things thru

    take care, stay up

  6. #346
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Who passed a law that says that you gotta have insurance to purchase health care? Whats insurance have to do with health care? I just pay for my own dang health care, I don't need no stinkin rip-off insurance plan. But why should I get turned away when I can just write a check or use a credit card?
    Who said that you should?



    Thats what we all want to know. Exactly why do we need Obamacare? Whats a matter with just paying our own bills ourselves just like we pay for food or gas?
    I agree with that 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many seats did the Dems lose on November 2? 60?
    they lost 66 and picked up 3 (ed djou in hawaii, mike castle's open in witchy delaware, and joseph cao in new orleans, the vietnamese seminarian who was the only gop'er in either house to vote for obamacare)

    our net +63 is the biggest lower house swing since 1938, the year after the great roosevelt recession (google "roosevelt recession of 1937")

    in addition we picked up the most state reps (693) and state legislatures (21) in modern history

    10 gubs and 6 senators

    gallup YESTERDAY found the number of americans who identify as democrat at an ALL TIME LOW, down FIVE PERCENT since obnoxious obama assumed

    Poll: 31% of Americans say they're Democrats - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

    it's probably cuzza the insufferable arrogance of people who talk to YOU (and me) about big issues who don't even know who claire mccaskill is

    who don't know the CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION (yet disparage it at the same time)

    who don't know what's IN THE NEWS (like politico's roundly repeated report THIS WEDNESDAY about the essential deconstruction of doctor owned hospitals)

    ie, people who know so much less than you who are just so sure they know it all

    even HOWARD DEAN said so

    The former Democratic National Committee chairman, who is frequently called on to speak for the party’s left wing, said President Barack Obama has thus far been ill served by “a group of senior advisers around the president who’ve been here [in Washington] for 20 years and thought they knew everything and we knew nothing.”
    Howard Dean rips senior W.H. advisers - Molly Ball - POLITICO.com

    good question, friend, thanks for the opportunity to clarify

  8. #348
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you keep your current healthcare program and doctor if they go out of business?
    good question

    nyt, doctors refuse to take new medicare patients: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/bu.../02health.html

    and that's BEFORE obtuse obama EXPANDED medicare's rolls by millions (while simultaneously cutting its already strained funding half a tril)

    You claim there is no cost and base that opinion from an Administration that claimed their stimulus plan would cap unemployment at 8% and that Recovery summer would add 500,000 jobs a month. They then claimed their economic policy would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term and create 4% economic growth per year every year. None of those projections were right yet now we are to believe them on a program that doesn't go into effect for another 3 years?
    so powerfully put, it warrants repeating

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, the American people don't think so. Did you notice the midterms?
    not just the nationals

    missouri, which is almost never wrong, voted SEVENTY ONE PERCENT to kill the mandate via measure c last spring

    arizona and oklahoma passed similar propositions on nov 2

    and georgia, idaho, virginia and louisiana have already moved such measures thru their assemblies

    THAT's why claire mccaskill (from missouri) said what she said

    (anyone need the LINKS---LOL!)

    good point, friend, keep doing what you're doing

    we got em

  10. #350
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    ..
    obamacare adds THIRTY MILLION to the m and m rolls while drastically CUTTING their already chronically overstrained funding
    Do you REALLY believe that Obama care is importing in 30 million sick people to our country? I mean really, that's rediculous. Most of those 30 million aint sick, and many of them already regularly pay for their health care out of their pocket just like I do. I am totally against Obama care, but to claim that it is adding 30 million new sick people to our medical system is rediculous.

    The error in logic here is based on the totally incorect assumption that "if you don't have health insurance you cant get health care". There are millions of people just like me who don't have health insurance because we choose not to have it. That doesn't mean we arnt already recieving health care, it just means that we don't have health insurance. YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE TO RECIEVE HEALTH CARE. Many of us are perfectly capable of forking out $60-$100 for a typical doctor visit or $2,000 for a broken bone, or even $10,000 for an operation. I personally find that paying cash for a $10,000 operation is much cheaper than paying $10,000 a year for insurance because I don't have a $10,000 operation every year.

    Insurance is actually the CAUSE of our health care problem, not the cure. Because most of us have a typical 80/20 policy with a $15 or $20 copay, we don't bother to shop for medical care based on price. Our insurance company pays most of the cost, so we really don't care how much it cost. Thus, without the price competition that keeps prices low in every sector of our economy except health care, health care providers feel that they can charge as much as they please, so they do.

    What if we all had food insurance? We would all eat at the most expensive resturants and pick the most expensive meals, and we wouldn't give a rip about the cost because our insurance company would pick up most of the tab. Naturally food sellers would jack up the price of food so that they could get rich. It's all about some greedy bastard getting rich.

    Docs really don't mind ripping off the insurance companies because they know that the insurance companies simply rip off their customers. Both the health care providers and the insurance companies LIKE IT THIS WAY, because it makes them rich.

    If it wasn't for the fact that we have been trained to believe that you cant go to the doc if you don't have insurance, medical care would be much much much less expensive than it is now and we could all simply afford to pay our on way - like we did before the invention of health insurance. Every wonder why the health care industry didn't spend billions fighting this evil Obamacare? Because they secretly LIKE IT because it is going to make them all even richer.

    Now certainly there may be a need for catistrophic major medical insurance to protect us from a financially devistating medical situation costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, but those policies are very cheap. The major medical policy that I have from Blue Cross cost $145 a month and covers two people. The $145 a month is well worth it to me, but $855 addititional to get a lower deductable or to get $20 co-pays? No way. Thats a scam plain and simple. If we outlawed those rip off plans, then price competition would drastically lower the cost of medical care and that $100 doctor visit would likely drop to just $20 anyway. I spend 3 minutes twice a year at the doc to get my blood pressure medicine prescription renewed. Even at just $20, the doc could make a killing - that still works out to $400 per hour. Surely if an attorney can live off of an average rate of $150/hr, docs can make out ok on $400/hr.

    Obamacare isn't the answer because it is based on insurance. Insurance is the problem, not the answer!

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •