Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you think you should share in my healthcare costs? Thanks, send me a check. There is no logic in your stance. People that abuse their bodies make a personal choice to do that, why should the taxpayer fund their care. Want to cut healthcare costs, get illegal aliens under control. 600,000 was spent in my county alone for healthcare costs for illegals. That should be paid by the countries from which these illegals came. deduct it from foreign aid.

    Where do you get this 600k figure from?

  2. #222
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It simply shows there is a greater need, meaning that there is a situation for job growth, not to mention education. Not everyone who comes in needs to be in an ER. We can revamp laws, and follow the intent, that emergencies are not turned away. Those merely requring a doctor can be. And should be. Again, once we see a problem,. address the problem and not just cry that the sky is falling.
    Why are doctors and hospitals dropping Medicare? You cannot micromanage a private sector economy where people choose what profession to undertake. So with the infrastructure we have now why won't the MA situation be repeated nationwise?

  3. #223
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you think you should share in my healthcare costs? Thanks, send me a check. There is no logic in your stance. People that abuse their bodies make a personal choice to do that, why should the taxpayer fund their care. Want to cut healthcare costs, get illegal aliens under control. 600,000 was spent in my county alone for healthcare costs for illegals. That should be paid by the countries from which these illegals came. deduct it from foreign aid.
    It is not that I want to. The fact is that I am under private insurance as well.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Where do you get this 600k figure from?
    From county officials, Montgomery Country, TX

  5. #225
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    It is not that I want to. The fact is that I am under private insurance as well.
    Of course you are as are 85-90% of the public so instead of addressing the problems, the govt. makes it worse. National healthcare sounds great until you get around to implementing and managing it.

  6. #226
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you think you should share in my healthcare costs? Thanks, send me a check. There is no logic in your stance. People that abuse their bodies make a personal choice to do that, why should the taxpayer fund their care. Want to cut healthcare costs, get illegal aliens under control. 600,000 was spent in my county alone for healthcare costs for illegals. That should be paid by the countries from which these illegals came. deduct it from foreign aid.
    actually, why don't we allow PEOPLE to opt out, and insist they sign an agreement staing they will never be able to opt back in, like when their insurance company denies them coverage, or they want to change jobs and can't because of a pre existing condition, or they can't afford insurance. they don't pay extra, and they don't get any befefits. i'm all for that.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #227
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That was a nation wide trend at the time
    That is what is going on in MA today. The trend is higher ER use and that is contrary to the promises made. Why anyone believes a bureaucrat's promises is beyond me.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why are doctors and hospitals dropping Medicare? You cannot micromanage a private sector economy where people choose what profession to undertake. So with the infrastructure we have now why won't the MA situation be repeated nationwise?
    Again, part of the piecemeal problem. Because we have a need not filled by medicare, something a universial payer would handle more effectively, we have to work on the overall system. You keep addressing existing problems, and blaming reform for them, eventhough they were here before reform. What we need is more reform, and not repeal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    actually, why don't we allow PEOPLE to opt out, and insist they sign an agreement staing they will never be able to opt back in, like when their insurance company denies them coverage, or they want to change jobs and can't because of a pre existing condition, or they can't afford insurance. they don't pay extra, and they don't get any befefits. i'm all for that.
    Because the entire package proposed by Obama relies on 100% participation by all companies. Read the assumptions given the CBO and tell me how hundreds of companies opting out affect costs?

  10. #230
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why are doctors and hospitals dropping Medicare? You cannot micromanage a private sector economy where people choose what profession to undertake. So with the infrastructure we have now why won't the MA situation be repeated nationwise?

    Actually I'm a bit involved in all this stuff and the reports you are hearing are a bit preliminary. I doubt most hospitals are going to drop medicare. They just don't know what is going on with all the changes. I know this because I was talking with my transplant financial adviser this morning.

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •