Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #201
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Its the government that said everyone must get care, so your argument has little to no value to me when it comes to the idea it costs us one way or the other.

    Still, all groups cost the hospital and the people money. Its just a matter of how much.
    Not really. Government didn't just decide these things. People did. Take not turning people away from emergency rooms. There was a time when hospitals did just that, even in life threatening situations. Not all did, but because they could, it happened. Those without insurance were sent to charity hospitals, even if they were too far away, costing lives. Again, there were good people who defied such thinking and treated and then sent, but the law allowed them to be shipped off. I remember one case in Georgia before the law was even intorduced that upset people a great deal, and people wrote letters and lobbied for laws to prevent such tragedy. So, it wasn't a case of government simply jumping to this conclusion. it was bore out of events that cased peole to take notice. People decided.

    But, like in most cases, they discionnect themselves from what the actions cost. Because they didn't required, hell didn't even want to hear about, any cost issues, they did this with no organized plan on how to handle the cost, as if the treratment would be free. It's not. We all pay for everyone who is treated but can't pay. And we have no mechanism to even assess if we're charged fairly.

    And while all groups cost, those who pay, pay what they cost. You don't have to ask others to pay for them. They pay their bill, and they pay their premium. So, the larger problem are those who get service but pay nothing, or next to nothing. That means the total cost is passed on. Hosptials don't eat the cost. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No argument from me on that one.

    I believe what we should start putting much more emphasis on is Preventative care as opposed to the sometimes dogmatic approach of only dealing with a problem once it arises.

    Countries like Japan are way ahead in this field, and a lot of that is down to the individual habits of the society in general.
    MA has Obamacare, do they have an access problem? If not why are ER rooms overcrowded? There aren't enough doctors or enough hours in the day to meet the demand of another 40 million to the healthcare roles so the people will get their care when they need it by going to the ER's therefore what savings?

  3. #203
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is the entire point, Hundreds of companies are seeking and getting exemptions to opt out of Obamacare thus exempting them for limiting deductions. If they aren't included then they are exempt from the regulations in the bill.
    hundreds of insurance companies? which ones, for example?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #204
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    MA has Obamacare, do they have an access problem? If not why are ER rooms overcrowded? There aren't enough doctors or enough hours in the day to meet the demand of another 40 million to the healthcare roles so the people will get their care when they need it by going to the ER's therefore what savings?
    So the real answer is to simply deny them care because it might crowd ER rooms?

    What if everyone just happened to be able to afford health care?

  5. #205
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    hundreds of insurance companies? which ones, for example?
    Not hundreds of insurance companies, hundreds of companies period.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    MA has Obamacare, do they have an access problem? If not why are ER rooms overcrowded? There aren't enough doctors or enough hours in the day to meet the demand of another 40 million to the healthcare roles so the people will get their care when they need it by going to the ER's therefore what savings?
    When I was a teenager, I broke my ankle in three places in a HS wrestling match. I was told it was spran and to walk it off. Hours later, I was in the ER. I was in some pain. I waited five hours. They were over crowded. That damned Obama.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So the real answer is to simply deny them care because it might crowd ER rooms?

    What if everyone just happened to be able to afford health care?
    Actually, most of the people that use emergency rooms have health insurance.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #208
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So the real answer is to simply deny them care because it might crowd ER rooms?

    What if everyone just happened to be able to afford health care?
    Nope, just shows how the promises of cutting costs doesn't happen in the real world. MA is an example of what is going to happen with Obamacare implemented nationwide. Why would you think differently?

  9. #209
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Actually, most of the people that use emergency rooms have health insurance.
    Of course those people can pay.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Actually, most of the people that use emergency rooms have health insurance.
    In MA everyone has universal healthcare insurance but cannot get into a doctor's office thus go to the ER's. That is contrary to the promises of Obama and supporters of Obamacare. These results are what Obamacare supporters ignore.

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •