Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #141
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here lies the nonsense of your argument. If everyone is paying for insurance then costs across the board must be reduced, even if you are being "forced" into it. Yet you keep saying the cost is going to double. Both cannot exist together.
    Not if you add 30 million people that are getting it for free.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #142
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why are companies either opting out of Obamacare, or dropping insurance altogether? I mean, if rates aren't going up
    Again, they were doing that before Obama care. A public option would have helped more, and a single payer even more, but you can't cite things that were happening before reform as being the fault of refrom. Not logically anyway.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here lies the nonsense of your argument. If everyone is paying for insurance then costs across the board must be reduced, even if you are being "forced" into it. Yet you keep saying the cost is going to double. Both cannot exist together.
    Obamacare forced insurance companies from a 60-40 split to a 80-20 split, which means that they have less money to operate on, at current rates. Insurance costs aren't going to go down, just because everyone buys insurance. You're listening to The One too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    B.S. How do you expect insurance companies to provide unlimited lifetime coverage, cover lazy kids til they are 26, and allow people to get sick before buying insurance without increasing their costs ???? And that's just a few for starters.

    By the way, you do know that insurance companies have lower profit margins than many other industries don't you ??
    Yes, but they have HUGE overhead and still have to pay the shareholders.

  5. #145
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obamacare forced insurance companies from a 60-40 split to a 80-20 split, which means that they have less money to operate on, at current rates. Insurance costs aren't going to go down, just because everyone buys insurance. You're listening to The One too much.
    If that is the case, then the market does not work.

  6. #146
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Not if you add 30 million people that are getting it for free.
    Where is the data supporting that?

  7. #147
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The author you use here, perhaps you should know more about:
    Richard Saltman - European Healthcare System Expert
    Wow, there you go again, attacking the messenger and ignoring the message. What was presented in that article that is wrong? The fact remains Europe is going the opposite of this country and yet the best you can do is divert from that reality? Why would Europe be abandoning the govt. controlled and run healthcare system and what makes them less credible than this Administration?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    You are showing employment, not scope of power.
    ANd just how do you determine 'scope of power'?

  9. #149
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Yes, but they have HUGE overhead and still have to pay the shareholders.
    Many of those shareholders are seniors that require those dividends to supplement their retirement income. You have a problem with profits?

  10. #150
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Yes, but they have HUGE overhead and still have to pay the shareholders.
    And that increases their profits how ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •