Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #131
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh really?

    You are showing employment, not scope of power.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Insurance rates are not forced-up, that is a simple response on the part of Insurance Companies to the fact that the bill will cut into their profits.
    B.S. How do you expect insurance companies to provide unlimited lifetime coverage, cover lazy kids til they are 26, and allow people to get sick before buying insurance without increasing their costs ???? And that's just a few for starters.

    By the way, you do know that insurance companies have lower profit margins than many other industries don't you ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Now rates are going to double. Wanna know the reason?
    Again, they doubled on me two years before reform. What was the excuse then?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I think the bill needs to be voted on line by line. Though many say that 3/4's want the bill repealed, a clear majority favor most of the benefits given by the bill. How many people you know are against being able to insure their kids through college or not being rejected for coverage because of a pre-existing condition?
    I'm against both of those things. *Shrug*

    I fail to see how it makes any sense to get insurance after you're broken. Just because people want to make it into some kind of righteous vs evil fest doesn't mean it makes any more sense, sorry. Insurance is a business, it is there to make money, it is NOT there to take care of you. It might enter into some kind of contract after it picks you up, but it does not enter into a contract with society before it does business with it.

    College adults, yes, say it with me, ADULTS, should be treated as such, so ofcourse that implies buying their own health insurance. What they can afford or what they need does not enter into it. They can earn money, they buy a service. Simple as that. Eitherway, this kind of contract shouldn't be forced on business. If the business wants to cover the college kids under the parents plan until the kid is fifty, so be it.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I avoid locals like the plague!
    I would except my parrot needs clean paper for his cage. That's about all the C-J is good for.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    You are showing employment, not scope of power.
    More power = more employees
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The government is mandating that we purchase health insurance. I call that, "runnning health care".
    Here lies the nonsense of your argument. If everyone is paying for insurance then costs across the board must be reduced, even if you are being "forced" into it. Yet you keep saying the cost is going to double. Both cannot exist together.

  8. #138
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, they doubled on me two years before reform. What was the excuse then?
    Why are companies either opting out of Obamacare, or dropping insurance altogether? I mean, if rates aren't going up
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post

    I fail to see how it makes any sense to get insurance after you're broken.
    That's why it should be mandatory that all have insurance. If you don't get it before you're broken, and you can't get it after you're broken, then you either have to suffer, or we pay for you one way or another. And people who are not covered do get treated after they are broken. And we do pay for them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    More power = more employees
    Nonsense, I can pass multiple laws and still have the same police force enforce them. There are no police for seatbelt laws and those for speeding only.

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •