Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156

Thread: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

  1. #41
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,831

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Government spending isn't going to fix the economy. We've spent more than a trillion dollars over the past two years and the economy is still in the ****ter and unemployment is still going up. The notion tht the government can fix the economy is fantasy, not reality.
    If deficit spending did not happen, we would be in a much worse position. Consider the composition of national product accounts, more specifically government spending's role in gross domestic product.

    Your post in no way refuted a single thing that i had previously posted.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 01-06-11 at 03:33 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    If deficit spending did not happen, we would be in a much worse position. Consider the composition of national product accounts, more specifically government spending's role in gross domestic product.
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight !!! yeah, ok!

    Last edited by apdst; 01-06-11 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #43
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,831

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight !!! yeah, ok!
    Quality response!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Quality response!
    I responding to the post.

    Ok, deficit spending is good? Nancy just got done saying that it's bad and she was all about ending the practice. You really need to stay up to date on your talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #45
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,831

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I responding to the post.

    Ok, deficit spending is good? Nancy just got done saying that it's bad and she was all about ending the practice. You really need to stay up to date on your talking points.
    No need to create a strawman in this particular argument, even fallacies cannot save you from the ridiculusness of your comment. Without increased (because we were already in the red) deficit spending during the contraction, total GDP would additionally have fallen by that amount (about a trillion bucks). My statements are confirmed by national product accounts. You are merely speaking out of ignorance.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,637
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Government spending isn't going to fix the economy. We've spent more than a trillion dollars over the past two years and the economy is still in the ****ter and unemployment is still going up. The notion tht the government can fix the economy is fantasy, not reality.
    I am not sure you are following what he is saying. GDP is ~14.1 trillion(World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google public data.) Federal spending is 6.7 trillion(Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History). What do you think the effect of removing spending equal to 45 % of GDP would be?

    If you just look at deficit, it is at ~1.7 trillion according to wiki. Do you think reducing spending by just that 12 % of GDP will hurt the economy? If the economy crashes, what do you think that will do to the deficit?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    No need to create a strawman in this particular argument, even fallacies cannot save you from the ridiculusness of your comment. Without increased (because we were already in the red) deficit spending during the contraction, total GDP would additionally have fallen by that amount (about a trillion bucks). My statements are confirmed by national product accounts. You are merely speaking out of ignorance.
    You're wrong. Sorry. Deficit spending didn't save the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not sure you are following what he is saying. GDP is ~14.1 trillion(World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google public data.) Federal spending is 6.7 trillion(Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History). What do you think the effect of removing spending equal to 45 % of GDP would be?

    If you just look at deficit, it is at ~1.7 trillion according to wiki. Do you think reducing spending by just that 12 % of GDP will hurt the economy? If the economy crashes, what do you think that will do to the deficit?
    Oh, I'm following what he's saying. He's claiming that government spending saved the economy and it's bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #49
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,637
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, I'm following what he's saying. He's claiming that government spending saved the economy and it's bull****.
    You have offered nothing to back up that claim. He has. You have not refuted with anything other than your opinion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #50
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,831

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, I'm following what he's saying. He's claiming that government spending saved the economy and it's bull****.
    If you had the means to substantiate your comment, you would have done so. You are attempting to substitute fact with opinion. My argument stands, feel free to use credible evidence to dismiss it.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •