Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 156

Thread: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,330

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't think any one is arguing that many/all programs need to be cut/reduced. Not raising the debt ceiling however does not do that.
    Yes, it would. It would force Congress to priortize spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Strawman. I did not say cutting taxes hurt the economy.
    No, you implied that cutting taxes was bad. And since you focused on the fantasy benefits of spending borrowed money...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,330

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You can't fix 40 years of broke in 3 months either.
    No, but we can get started in that direction, in three months. First step? Don't raise the debt ceiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You gotta crack a few eggs to make an omlette.
    Cliches don't fix things either.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, it would. It would force Congress to priortize spending.
    Not exactly, no. It would force the government to stop spending.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,330

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Cliches don't fix things either.
    Cliches like, "Hope and Change"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,330

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not exactly, no. It would force the government to stop spending.
    You're wrong, it would force them to repriortize spending. It's just like running a business. If a companies revenues go down, they have to decide which things that they're not going to spend money one. This is the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, you implied that cutting taxes was bad. And since you focused on the fantasy benefits of spending borrowed money...
    No I did not imply that either. I implied that cutting taxes raises deficits. It does. The question is whether that cut in revenue is offset, which so far it is not. I also implied that crying to lower revenue and then complaining about how big the deficit is is silly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're wrong, it would force them to repriortize spending. It's just like running a business. If a companies revenues go down, they have to decide which things that they're not going to spend money one. This is the same thing.
    The government is not a business.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: US Treasury asks Congress to lift debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Armed people raising money?

    They perhaps wont go down to the local bank with an M1A1 asking for withdrawls will they?
    Naw, usually when the government needs cash that they don't wanna report to congress they just sell drugs. Luckily enough 90% of the world's opium comes from a country our military occupies.
    Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep willing to contest the vote.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •