Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 159

Thread: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement

  1. #111
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yep, the time for a hard cure to commence varies by the proportion of water in the slurry
    and those guys likely said they "placed" concrete rather than installed it
    They actually said "pour" and "finish" instead of "place" or "install".
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #112
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yep, the time for a hard cure to commence varies by the proportion of water in the slurry
    and those guys likely said they "placed" concrete rather than installed it
    Place it, install it, pour it, or pull it at the end of the day, finishing concrete isn't rocket science, boys.

    Mike Rowe picked it up on one episode of dirty jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #113
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Place it, install it, pour it, or pull it at the end of the day, finishing concrete isn't rocket science, boys.

    Mike Rowe picked it up on one episode of dirty jobs.
    maybe it's a regional thing
    using the actual terms of a trade helps to allow one to distinguish the pros from posers
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #114
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    maybe it's a regional thing
    using the actual terms of a trade helps to allow one to distinguish the pros from posers
    "Pullin' mud", is a common term in this neck of the woods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Still no response to this, Gill?

    How can you pretend to be an expert when you aren't even aware that there are sidewalks in residential construction?
    It was such a comical question, I didn't think you were serious.

    If you want to compare a measley sidewalk in front of a house to a 800,000 + sf commercial building with concrete foundation, slab, tilt-walls, retaining walls, and loading docks, be my guess.

    Just don't expect me to waste my time with you.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #116
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It was such a comical question, I didn't think you were serious.

    If you want to compare a measley sidewalk in front of a house to a 800,000 + sf commercial building with concrete foundation, slab, tilt-walls, retaining walls, and loading docks, be my guess.

    Just don't expect me to waste my time with you.
    Who's making that silly ass comparison? We're not talking about 800,000 + sf of commercial building with concrete foundation, slab, tilt-walls, retaining walls and loading docks.

    We're talking about a sidewalk.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Who's making that silly ass comparison? We're not talking about 800,000 + sf of commercial building with concrete foundation, slab, tilt-walls, retaining walls and loading docks.

    We're talking about a sidewalk.
    No, we were comparing our experience with concrete. Your sidewalks vs. my multiple nationwide megastore construction experience.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #118
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, we were comparing our experience with concrete. Your sidewalks vs. my multiple nationwide megastore construction experience.
    No, we're discussing refinishing a sidewalk where a kid scrawled their names in it.

    You decided to turn it into a dick measuring contest when you misrepresented your expereince in teh cocnrete business.

    Unlike you, I haven't been changing my qualifications throughout the discussion.

    From the word go, I said I had worked in the concrete trade from time to time. I wasn't the one who was at one point testing concrete for thirty years only to magically become a superviser and ultimately th egrand pubah of all commercial concrete.

    Not only that, but I've since verified that my experiences and statements were indeed correct with multiple people who actually have 30 years expereince with pouring concrete, which is something you do not have.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    No, we're discussing refinishing a sidewalk where a kid scrawled their names in it.

    You decided to turn it into a dick measuring contest when you misrepresented your expereince in teh cocnrete business.

    Unlike you, I haven't been changing my qualifications throughout the discussion.

    From the word go, I said I had worked in the concrete trade from time to time. I wasn't the one who was at one point testing concrete for thirty years only to magically become a superviser and ultimately th egrand pubah of all commercial concrete.

    Not only that, but I've since verified that my experiences and statements were indeed correct with multiple people who actually have 30 years expereince with pouring concrete, which is something you do not have.
    Ok, if you think that someone has to the exact same job for 30 years, I don't know what to tell you. Some people actually learn their profession and advance. It's called being promoted. You should try it sometime.

    And some people are actually able to do more than one thing... imagine that.

    You verified your experience with multiple unnamed people known only to you ??? Wow, that convinced me. I give !!!

    You've proven nothing except you did some summer work helping out some real contractors with some houses when you were in school.

    Go away, I don't have time for your foolishness.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #120
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sixth-Grade Girl Has Date in Court After Writing in Wet Cement Read more: http:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ok, if you think that someone has to the exact same job for 30 years, I don't know what to tell you.
    That's what you claimed earlier.


    Are your qualifications changing again? Why am I not suprised?

    Some people actually learn their profession and advance. It's called being promoted. You should try it sometime.
    How does one get "promoted" beyond running their own carpentry company, exactly? I've never hid the fact that this was my particular trade expertise (check how many times I've posted this in the past), nor claimed that I had as much experience in concrete as I have in that trade.



    And some people are actually able to do more than one thing... imagine that.
    Considering my main trade was carpentry, I absolutely realize that people can do more than one thing. I wouldn't have any concrete expereince if that wasn't the case.

    You verified your experience with multiple unnamed people known only to you ??? Wow, that convinced me. I give !!!
    Yep. That's all I needed in order to learn that you were full of ****. You already knew you're full of **** about your qualifications, though.

    Not that I expect you to actualy admit it, but hell, your qualifications'll change three or four more times before this conversation is finished, right?

    You've proven nothing except you did some summer work helping out some real contractors with some houses when you were in school.
    Even if that was how I got my experience in concrete (it wasn't. I actually went out on concrete jobs with a few friends of mine when we between carpentry jobs, which is similar enough to be comparable to waht you claimed. Unlike you, however I was honest about that from teh start when I said I "Worked the concrete trade from time to time" in my very first post in this thread) it still proves your initial claims about me being a fraud were wrong, doesn't it?

    And if your initial claims about me are wrong (as you've now admitted) it also shows that you, sir, are the fraud.

    Go away, I don't have time for your foolishness.
    It sucks being shown to actually be the fraud after making that accusation towards someone else, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 01-07-11 at 05:02 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •