Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: New Congress Sworn in.

  1. #31
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Well the new Congress is sworn in today. What do you think the first thing the House under Boehner will do? How much do you expect Congress to get done and what do you want to see them to get done? How much more much vacation time will President Obama get since we now have a divided Congress?



    New Congress convenes with 'tough decisions' on tap - CNN.com
    Given that they are substantially devoid of ideas, not much.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    best rule change ever...
    Assuming that they actually follow the rule. Remember, Congress and the Senate live by only one rule....Rules are meant to be broken.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #33
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Emphesis on 'swear'

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given that they are substantially devoid of ideas, not much.
    The Dems had plenty of ideas. Where did that get us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Dems had plenty of ideas. Where did that get us?
    it got us 66 new house republicans and a bright orange speaker who chain smokes

    it got us control of 21 shiny new state legislatures for us to GERRYMANDER to our maximal partisan advantage the next 5 plebiscites for lower house (as well as state and local elections)

    it got us 693 new state legislators coast to coast, most in modern history

    it got us 10 new republican governors and 6 new senate seats

    it got us a political landscape in which FOURTEEN incumbent dem senators are in real danger heading into 2012, compared to only ONE republican, scott brown from chappaquiddick

    it got us tax cuts for the rich, courtesy of barack hussein obama's endorsement

    it got us republican control of spending 2011, the summary surrender of reid's ridiculous and rotten omnibus

    it's gonna get us repeal of obamacare thru lower house

    it's gonna get us repeal of the individual mandate thru house and senate (ask claire mccaskill), and what's THAT gonna do to obamacare?

    we're gonna take on the burdens placed on the states, the exemptions of more than 200 toobigs, the half T cuts to m and m, the hiring of new irs agents, the 1099's...

    how's obamacare gonna proceed without its prime provisions?

    how can it move when the states are so greatly empowered by the legislative language to implement themselves the exchanges, republicans controlling so many gubs, leg's, ag's and INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS?

    it got us the white house's surrender on the absurd idea of moving mass murderers like ksm to venues in manhattan before the likes of lance ito, it got us the apparently permanent continued operation of GITMO

    it got us the end of cap and trade, of global warming as a political issue, even

    it got us the terminations of the white house careers of david axelrod, robert gibbs, christina romer, peter orszag, larry summers, dennis blair, stanley mcchrystal, james jones

    it got us thru-the-roof ratings for fox news, while cnn and msnbc struggle to survive

    it got us SUBPOENA POWER to ask in committee almost anyone almost anything we want about almost any issue we find worthy of america's interests

    among many other things

    party on, progressives, persist with your puerile expressions of pique

    republicans will perforce prosper

    mom and pop prefer grownups in positions of power

  6. #36
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Got to love how the new congress Republicans started backtracking on their election pledges even before they were sworn in..

    Spending cuts are now "hypothetical" according to aides of the GOP leadership.. go figure!
    PeteEU

  7. #37
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    it got us 66 new house republicans and a bright orange speaker who chain smokes

    it got us control of 21 shiny new state legislatures for us to GERRYMANDER to our maximal partisan advantage the next 5 plebiscites for lower house (as well as state and local elections)

    it got us 693 new state legislators coast to coast, most in modern history

    it got us 10 new republican governors and 6 new senate seats

    it got us a political landscape in which FOURTEEN incumbent dem senators are in real danger heading into 2012, compared to only ONE republican, scott brown from chappaquiddick

    it got us tax cuts for the rich, courtesy of barack hussein obama's endorsement

    it got us republican control of spending 2011, the summary surrender of reid's ridiculous and rotten omnibus

    it's gonna get us repeal of obamacare thru lower house

    it's gonna get us repeal of the individual mandate thru house and senate (ask claire mccaskill), and what's THAT gonna do to obamacare?

    we're gonna take on the burdens placed on the states, the exemptions of more than 200 toobigs, the half T cuts to m and m, the hiring of new irs agents, the 1099's...

    how's obamacare gonna proceed without its prime provisions?

    how can it move when the states are so greatly empowered by the legislative language to implement themselves the exchanges, republicans controlling so many gubs, leg's, ag's and INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS?

    it got us the white house's surrender on the absurd idea of moving mass murderers like ksm to venues in manhattan before the likes of lance ito, it got us the apparently permanent continued operation of GITMO

    it got us the end of cap and trade, of global warming as a political issue, even

    it got us the terminations of the white house careers of david axelrod, robert gibbs, christina romer, peter orszag, larry summers, dennis blair, stanley mcchrystal, james jones

    it got us thru-the-roof ratings for fox news, while cnn and msnbc struggle to survive

    it got us SUBPOENA POWER to ask in committee almost anyone almost anything we want about almost any issue we find worthy of america's interests

    among many other things

    party on, progressives, persist with your puerile expressions of pique

    republicans will perforce prosper

    mom and pop prefer grownups in positions of power
    Your lean is now officially disclosed.

    So much chest thumping for taking over the House, the weakest of the big three. The other two are going to shut the House up pretty damned fast. In fact, I didn't think that that branch of Congress was ever really relevant until you have shown me the light.

    I know, a little gain is better than none and the GOP hasn't had anything to celebrate for a few years.

    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  8. #38
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Jet,

    In regards to investigations, IF they happen I hope they're in line with what I heard one new Representitive talking about. Essentially, investigating agencies and processes to search for waste and/or fraud and remove it...not necessarily investigations into specific individuals in the white house trying to find illegal activity.
    I support that 100%.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Your lean is now officially disclosed.
    only now?

    LOL!

    So much chest thumping for taking over the House, the weakest of the big three.
    weakest?

    just the facts, maam:

    global warming---history

    repeal in the house---try to stop it

    repeal of the mandate thru both houses---ask ms mccaskill

    tax cuts for ALL americans---thanks to obama/clinton

    hearings on the burdens obamacare puts on the states, half a trillion dollars cuts to medicare, the 1099's...

    why do YOU think hhs sebelius EXEMPTED the toobigs?

    why must only SOME of us abide by obamacare's constraints?

    did you hear about the irs' heavy handedness yesterday, reported by the agency's "internal watchdog" just in time for fred upton, the slasher, to tear into?

    Report rips IRS 'torment' of taxpayers - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

    why did reid abandon his obese omnibus?

    and how 'bout that GITMO?

    I didn't think that that branch of Congress was ever really relevant until you have shown me the light.
    only now?

    you once thought the house of representatives was irrelevant?

    who holds the initiative, what is the president's agenda moving forward?

    seeya in committee, chum
    Last edited by The Prof; 01-06-11 at 11:32 AM.

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: New Congress Sworn in.

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Then maybe he shouldnt cry like a pussy on national TV. Last time I checked no one got married nor did anyone die.....yet.


    On the topic at hand, who knows what the **** will happen but dont expect much in scaling down the state

    Speaking of non-accomplishment, when are you people going to get someone elected?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •