Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolutionary

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-18 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,518

    WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolutionary

    Link

    BY Helen Kennedy
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 4:00 AM

    The WikiLeaks document dump continues to kick up surprises.
    A new diplomatic cable says the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard smacked President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the face for suggesting easing restrictions on the press.
    The February 2010 cable, classified secret and puckishly headlined, "He Who Got Slapped," quotes an intelligence source recounting a contentious meeting of Iran's Supreme National Security Council.
    The Iranian bigs were trying to figure out what to do in the wake of Tehran's explosive pro-democracy street protests of 2009.
    "Ahmadinejad claimed that 'people feel suffocated,' and mused that to defuse the situation it may be necessary to allow more personal and social freedoms, including more freedom of the press," the cable says.
    It continues, "Ahmadinejad's statements infuriated Revolutionary Guard Chief of Staff Mohammed Ali Jafari, who exclaimed 'You are wrong! \[In fact\] it is YOU who created this mess! And now you say give more freedom to the press?!'
    "Source said that Jafari then slapped Ahmadinejad in the face, causing an uproar," the cable says.
    Looks like a General Patton moment to me.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,132
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link



    Looks like a General Patton moment to me.
    While I find this absolutely hilarious, and I do, right there with you bud.

    Just funny to see you don't think wikileaks is evil for a second because they have a funny story

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,854

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    While I find this absolutely hilarious, and I do, right there with you bud.

    Just funny to see you don't think wikileaks is evil for a second because they have a funny story
    Funny story, or no funny story, they're still evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,132
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Funny story, or no funny story, they're still evil.
    Glad we cleared that up with you apdst

  5. #5
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41,103
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Funny story, or no funny story, they're still evil.
    The question is, did Iran know WE knew such intimate details? Now they know we did. Think about that for a second.
    Better Living Through Regulation - DNC



  6. #6
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-18 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,518

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    While I find this absolutely hilarious, and I do, right there with you bud.

    Just funny to see you don't think wikileaks is evil for a second because they have a funny story
    Am I a patriotic American, and do I only care about US secrets. Yes, shame you don't have the same personal patriotism.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,132
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Am I a patriotic American, and do I only care about US secrets. Yes, shame you don't have the same personal patriotism.
    I'm not American so, really I don't care. This wikileaks thing will effect us all. In the case of wikileaks, I don't care either way really. I just love to watch the fireworks

  8. #8
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-18-18 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,518

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm not American so, really I don't care. This wikileaks thing will effect us all. In the case of wikileaks, I don't care either way really. I just love to watch the fireworks
    I didn't say you were, learn to read.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,132
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I didn't say you were, learn to read.
    Yeah well....


  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,854

    Re: WikiLeaks document dump: Iran President Ahmadinejad slapped by head of Revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The question is, did Iran know WE knew such intimate details? Now they know we did. Think about that for a second.
    I've already thought about. If we knew minute details, such as Arminadinnerjacket getting bitch slapped, it probably means we have a mole operating within the highest levels of of the Iranian government.

    Now that Iran knows that we know, they activly searching for our moles and will kill them when they're smoked out, if they're not dead already.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •