Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 610

Thread: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

  1. #591
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course they would be up as more people are covered. But that isn't your claim. You claim there are no doctors to see them. Please support that.
    My claim is that there aren't enough doctors to keep people out of the ER's and that is a fact. MA has the highest number of doctors per capita in the nation and still cannot meet the demand for the citizens. I call that a failure, greater access but higher costs and more ER usage?

  2. #592
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My claim is that there aren't enough doctors to keep people out of the ER's and that is a fact. MA has the highest number of doctors per capita in the nation and still cannot meet the demand for the citizens. I call that a failure, greater access but higher costs and more ER usage?
    Prove that. I'll wait a while.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #593
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Prove that. I'll wait a while.
    I have shown you higher ER costs and usage in MA. How do you explain it?

  4. #594
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have shown you higher ER costs and usage in MA. How do you explain it?
    Not the same thing. MA, like all of the country, has a shortage of primary care physicians. I beleive some 30 to 40 percent of MA primary care physicians have stopped taking patients. But that would mean some 60 to 70 percent have not. Also, this doesn't address any other doctor.

    Like the NCPA, you leap to a conclusion without fully supporting it.

    As for explaining it, it's simple. More people are covered, so more are seeking service. At least now those services are paid for, meaning the hospital doesn't have to raise costs to pay for those in the ER, or more likely the outpatient treatment center off the ER.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 01-14-11 at 06:15 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #595
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not the same thing. MA, like all of the country, has a shortage of primary care physicians. I beleive some 30 to 40 percent of MA primary care physicians have stopped taking patients. But that would mean some 60 to 70 percent have not. Also, this doesn't address any other doctor.

    Like the NCPA, you leap to a conclusion without fully supporting it.

    As for explaining it, it's simple. More people are covered, so more are seeking service. At least now those services are paid for, meaning the hospital doesn't have to raise costs to pay for those in the ER, or more likely the outpatient treatment center off the ER.
    Look, this is going nowhere. If you support the MA program then work to implement it in your state. There is no need for a national program as the majority in this country don't want it. Sounds to me like you cannot sell it in Iowa therefore you want the Federal Govt. to mandate it. Not going to happen, unconstitutional, IMO.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, this is going nowhere. If you support the MA program then work to implement it in your state. There is no need for a national program as the majority in this country don't want it. Sounds to me like you cannot sell it in Iowa therefore you want the Federal Govt. to mandate it. Not going to happen, unconstitutional, IMO.
    As I said, it is a national problem and not just a state problem. Remember, federal dollars are used by states right now. Ask your state about losing those dollars.

    But, I take you're conceding that you can't prove your claims. Accepted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #597
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I said, it is a national problem and not just a state problem. Remember, federal dollars are used by states right now. Ask your state about losing those dollars.

    But, I take you're conceding that you can't prove your claims. Accepted.
    Who are you to call it a national problem, that is your opinion which you are entitled to. Polls show the vast majority don't agree with you.

    You call it a problem because you believe the cost per capita is too high but I have seen nothing that qualifies you to tell someone else that something costs too much for them. Nor have you identified the costs that you claim are too high and what can be done to lower them. Instead you support a program that the world has shown is increasing costs.

  8. #598
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Comprehensive List of Tax Hikes in Obamacare

    just to keep you two going!
    Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep willing to contest the vote.

  9. #599
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who are you to call it a national problem, that is your opinion which you are entitled to. Polls show the vast majority don't agree with you.

    You call it a problem because you believe the cost per capita is too high but I have seen nothing that qualifies you to tell someone else that something costs too much for them. Nor have you identified the costs that you claim are too high and what can be done to lower them. Instead you support a program that the world has shown is increasing costs.
    Who am I? A reasonably intelligent human citizen who can look at all 50 states and see what is happening. Not one state has handle on all of this. Business has trouble competing internationally in part because of having to provide health care. Too many lack adequate access, and people getting care and can't pay run up cost everywhere.

    BTW, didn't I ask you somewhere if you were willing to deny care to people who need care if they couldn't pay? Even emergent care? If not, we have to seek a solution other than the individual.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #600
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyroh View Post
    Naw,done, nothing changes the mind of an ideologue. I believe healthcare is a personal responsibility and best handled in the states, Boo believes it is a national problem and thus claims to be an expert on what others believe is a problem. not worth any more effort but thanks.

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •