Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 610

Thread: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

  1. #551
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you believe this source is nonpartisan, and not influenced by political ideaology? Just asking.
    Do you refute the numbers posted? Whether or not a source is partisan or not isn't the issue, as has been posted it is the numbers that matterr and the numbers can easily be verified. You believe the source is biased then prove the numbers wrong.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    let me counter with:

    BOSTON—The percentage of residents enrolled in a health care plan continues to increase in Massachusetts, the only state to achieve near-universal health insurance coverage, according to a report.

    As of June, 98.1% of state residents had coverage compared with 97.3% in 2009, according to a report released Monday by the Massachusetts Division of Health Care Finance and Policy.

    (Snip)

    “Massachusetts' achievements in health care reform have been nothing short of extraordinary,” Massachusetts Secretary of Health and Human Services Dr. JudyAnn Bigby said in a statement. “With employers, government and individuals all sharing the responsibility of reform, we continue to have the highest insurance rate in the nation,” she added.

    Massachusetts' insured rate hits 98.1%: Analysis | Business Insurance


    Of 2135 practicing Massachusetts physicians who responded to the poll, 70% said they support the Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law, whereas 13% oppose it (see Table 1). The levels of support among primary care doctors and among specialists were similar. When asked about the law’s future, 75% indicated that they want the law to remain in place — 46% with some changes, and 29% as is. Seven percent favored repealing the legislation. Physicians who mentioned that some changes are needed were asked in an open-ended question what change they would most like to see. They most frequently mentioned issues related to expanding coverage (34%) and addressing the costs of the program (23%). Approximately three quarters of Massachusetts physicians (79%) reported being very or somewhat satisfied with their medical practice. Fifty percent reported that things at their practice had gotten worse over the past 3 years, and 23% said things had gotten better. Few said that the Massachusetts health care reform law was a major reason for positive changes (13%) or negative ones (11%).

    Physicians’ Views of the Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law
    LOL, again what good is universal healthcare if people cannot get into seeing a doctor and healthcare costs rise? MA has among the highest healthcare costs in the nation yet you are proposing that on a national scale. Which is it today, costs or access that you are on your soapbox about. If it is costs, MA destroys your argument, if it is about access, then MA also destroys your argument, access doesn't do any good if one cannot get into see a doctor.

  3. #553
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you refute the numbers posted? Whether or not a source is partisan or not isn't the issue, as has been posted it is the numbers that matterr and the numbers can easily be verified. You believe the source is biased then prove the numbers wrong.
    It's rarely the numbers, but the interpretation of those numbers that I dispute. Same here. try reading this one:

    http://www.kff.org/uninsured/upload/7777-02.pdf

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, again what good is universal healthcare if people cannot get into seeing a doctor and healthcare costs rise? MA has among the highest healthcare costs in the nation yet you are proposing that on a national scale. Which is it today, costs or access that you are on your soapbox about. If it is costs, MA destroys your argument, if it is about access, then MA also destroys your argument, access doesn't do any good if one cannot get into see a doctor.
    I present the doctors themselves speaking. They don't seem to be with you one this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's rarely the numbers, but the interpretation of those numbers that I dispute. Same here. try reading this one:

    http://www.kff.org/uninsured/upload/7777-02.pdf
    Try this one from the state itself

    Release of Health Care Cost Trends Reports - Commonwealth Conversations: Public Health

  6. #556
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's rarely the numbers, but the interpretation of those numbers that I dispute. Same here. try reading this one:

    http://www.kff.org/uninsured/upload/7777-02.pdf
    You use Kaiser a lot, what benefit does universal healthcare offer Kaiser

  7. #557
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You use Kaiser a lot, what benefit does universal healthcare offer Kaiser
    A lot? No. But what benefit does NCPA get from stopping reform?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #558
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You should read it:

    •Some characteristics of the Massachusetts health care marketplace that may be contributing to the high levels of cost growth, include:

    ◦High concentration of physicians (especially specialists);
    ◦Greater availability and use of academic medical centers for both inpatient and outpatient hospital based-services, and use of outpatient hospital-based facilities for some services that could be provided in less costly settings;
    ◦Richer health insurance benefits compared to the nation; and
    ◦Use of payment methods that are not designed to incentivize efficiency and coordination of medical care.


    Seems like an adjustment is needed and not a scraching of the system, especially since "The Commonwealth's health care system is a key employer and driver of economic growth for the region."

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #559
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A lot? No. But what benefit does NCPA get from stopping reform?
    You mean by posting actual numbers? The state of MA shows costs rising and MA being one of the highest healthcare cost states in the nation. Why is the state lying?

  10. #560
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not familar with the Austrian school of economics but my response was more to Boo and his stance on raising taxes on the rich and Obamacare. Paul certainly believes in a smaller Defense Department which is probably possible but it is harder defending a nation of 308 million with the land mass we have along with the bullseye on this country by radical Islam and rogue nations like Iran and North Korea.
    this is the interesting chicken and egg situation of our time. would radical islam and rogue nations like iran and north korea care about us at all if we didn't have thousands of over seas bases in 90 nations around the world? how would you react if our government allowed saudi arabia to have an air base in our country? what if iran and north korea had thousands of troops in canada and mexico, with multiple carrier groups just off shore? there's always gonna be a few madmen, but could they recruit followers if we didn't have a global defense network that is being used around the world to keep tyrannical regimes in power? suddenly it appears that this global defense network is actually the cause of and solution to all of government's troubles. as a small government conservative you can't seriously support this.
    Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep willing to contest the vote.

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •