Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 610

Thread: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

  1. #431
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    WHO has credibility.


    Oh my.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #432
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh my.....


    j-mac
    Well, that was intelligent. Bravo.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The nation would? Who are you to determine what is the best for the nation? If you truly cared about the nation you would question why Medicare and SS cost more and generate such a poor return for those that are forced to contribute yet for some reason believe national healthcare would be different? Still waiting for your explanation as to where healthcare costs show up in GDP calculations? Also waiting for a comparision between regulations, malpractice suits, R&D costs, and illegal alien costs in those countries with lower costs than the U.S.
    I'm not going to debate accepted fact with you. Either argue that we do not pay more, or accept the fact.

    As for what is best, is that really that hard? If people who don't have access, would it really be debatable that it would be better for them to have access? ANd if access improves over all general health, can you really argue that wouldn't be better for us as a nation? Seems hard to do, but you're to give it a shot.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not going to debate accepted fact with you. Either argue that we do not pay more, or accept the fact.

    As for what is best, is that really that hard? If people who don't have access, would it really be debatable that it would be better for them to have access? ANd if access improves over all general health, can you really argue that wouldn't be better for us as a nation? Seems hard to do, but you're to give it a shot.
    Sorry, cannot accept the so called facts that we pay more because we don't know what went into creating those numbers. Are the taxes paid by Europe for gasoline calculated in their cost estimates since some of the gasoline taxes fund healthcare? Posting WHO numbers without context doesn't create an accurate comparison.

    People in MA have access but cannot get into seeing a doctor thus they go to the ER's. That is driving up costs. You keep ignoring that reality and what will happen when another 40 million are added to the roles with no infrastructure or enough working hours in the day to handle the masses.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, cannot accept the so called facts that we pay more because we don't know what went into creating those numbers. Are the taxes paid by Europe for gasoline calculated in their cost estimates since some of the gasoline taxes fund healthcare? Posting WHO numbers without context doesn't create an accurate comparison.

    People in MA have access but cannot get into seeing a doctor thus they go to the ER's. That is driving up costs. You keep ignoring that reality and what will happen when another 40 million are added to the roles with no infrastructure or enough working hours in the day to handle the masses.
    Can you find anyone who disputes that we pay more? Anyone? Anyone at all? I've given links that we do.

    And don't change the subject yet. Show me someone who disputes that we pay more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can you find anyone who disputes that we pay more? Anyone? Anyone at all? I've given links that we do.

    And don't change the subject yet. Show me someone who disputes that we pay more.
    Your links don't define the costs that were measure. Are you telling me that all healthcare costs are calculated in the WHO study? I don't know that we pay more or not nor does it really matter. AS I posted and you continue to ignore there are costs we have that Europe doesn't have which drives up costs. Until all costs are measured your posts or anyone else regarding comparisions is moot.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your links don't define the costs that were measure. Are you telling me that all healthcare costs are calculated in the WHO study? I don't know that we pay more or not nor does it really matter. AS I posted and you continue to ignore there are costs we have that Europe doesn't have which drives up costs. Until all costs are measured your posts or anyone else regarding comparisions is moot.
    How about fact check?

    It’s true that U.S. health care expenditures in 2009 accounted for more than 17 percent of the economy as measured by gross domestic product, according to a report from the Office of the Actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services

    Sunday Replay | FactCheck.org

    In fact, the U.S. spends nearly $7,000 per person total, or nearly $2,500 more than the next highest-spending country, according to the most recent completed data from the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development.

    Obama’s Health Care News Conference | FactCheck.org

    You can get an overview here:

    Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So, instead of just throwing **** up, either dispute the facts or accept them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about fact check?

    Itís true that U.S. health care expenditures in 2009 accounted for more than 17 percent of the economy as measured by gross domestic product, according to a report from the Office of the Actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services

    Sunday Replay | FactCheck.org

    In fact, the U.S. spends nearly $7,000 per person total, or nearly $2,500 more than the next highest-spending country, according to the most recent completed data from the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development.

    Obamaís Health Care News Conference | FactCheck.org

    You can get an overview here:

    Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So, instead of just throwing **** up, either dispute the facts or accept them.
    Continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the content. Why aren't you as skeptical about what goes into those cost numbers as you are passionate about buying those numbers. What goes into them? What goes into the numbers for the rest of the world? Are we comparing apples to apples? You don't know but that doesn't stop you from spreading the message.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the content. Why aren't you as skeptical about what goes into those cost numbers as you are passionate about buying those numbers. What goes into them? What goes into the numbers for the rest of the world? Are we comparing apples to apples? You don't know but that doesn't stop you from spreading the message.
    Then put up some numbers to refute what Boo has posted
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #440
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Then put up some numbers to refute what Boo has posted
    That would be nice.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •