Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 610

Thread: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

  1. #201
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Just an article from a balanced news source (like CSM for example) with a quote from Obama himself or ones of his aides saying that he wants to kill old people.
    The statement that most refer to when they say Obama says "kill grandma" is this:



    I think he was clumsily trying to put together an argument for evaluating cost v benefit...an argument I am steadfastly against. People should have the right to make that decision on their own without the specter of government mandates skewing their decision.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  2. #202
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And you think those words exist, or that any President would be stupid enough to say that? (Biden aside, he is stupid enough) He (Obama) is one of the best Teleprompter readers out there, has a great shot at an MSNBC slot when he is done playing Manchurian President next year.

    But seriously, this is analysis, you know that right?


    j-mac
    It's not analysis, but rather it seems that you want to put words in people's mouths. Can you at least give me a source (balanced) where he's implying or slightly hinting that seniors need to be killed?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    The statement that FOX NEWS PARTISAN HACKS refer to when they say Obama says "kill grandma" is this:

    [video=youtube;U-dQfb8WQvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo[video]
    Corrected for accuracy.

  4. #204
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    The statement that most refer to when they say Obama says "kill grandma" is this:



    I think he was clumsily trying to put together an argument for evaluating cost v benefit...an argument I am steadfastly against. People should have the right to make that decision on their own without the specter of government mandates skewing their decision.
    Yeah and in that nowhere does he state or even hint at killing off seniors.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #205
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Yeah and in that nowhere does he state or even hint at killing off seniors.
    Barack Obama is an unmitigated disaster as the results show and yet he still has massive support from a declining number of leftwing zealots. Still waiting for the accomplishments that warrant that support? Seems the public got it on Nov. 2, 2010 but many on the left still missed those results.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Corrected for accuracy.


    I just noticed that j-mac thinks you came to his rescue with his 'thanks'.

    Now that's funny.

  7. #207
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Given the lack of testing any ICBM's, the dismantling over decades of our arsenal and the age of our aresenal, I'd be surprised if any of those nukes worked at all.
    They get regular maintenance.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    OK, so here's the "offing Gramma" issue:

    Grandma is 90 and has terminal cancer. She has nothing to look forward to but disability and pain, and will never again get out of bed. A $200,000 treatment could extend her life for another month or so.

    The alternative is to keep her comfortable and let nature take its course.

    Your choice is?

    If you're ... or perhaps better when you're in Gramma's place, what would you want the doctors to do?

    And, should Gramma's family opt for the 200 grand to keep her around another month or so, who should pay?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #209
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post


    I just noticed that j-mac thinks you came to his rescue with his 'thanks'.

    Now that's funny.
    You forgot some....let's do it right sarge.

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #210
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama aide: Debt limit fight could be "catastrophic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    OK, so here's the "offing Gramma" issue:

    Grandma is 90 and has terminal cancer. She has nothing to look forward to but disability and pain, and will never again get out of bed. A $200,000 treatment could extend her life for another month or so.

    The alternative is to keep her comfortable and let nature take its course.

    Your choice is?

    If you're ... or perhaps better when you're in Gramma's place, what would you want the doctors to do?

    And, should Gramma's family opt for the 200 grand to keep her around another month or so, who should pay?

    hey Ditto, what's shakin'?

    Allow me to address your reasonable response. First off using the clip that I, and ksu offered. Setting the stage correctly, the woman in question was over 100 I believe, and had her faculties in tact, and wanted to live. She had insurance, and my guess is that she had been covered for some decades privately before this point, so the question of 'all of the sudden' cost is off the table in my eyes.

    The more troubling question is what should be done in your scenario where a terminal disease is on the table. And at that point in my mind it is still the persons call, and NOT governments call. It is her life we are talking about here. But you are making the assumption that treatment would only extend her life by 1 month.

    I know of many cases, one was a very good friend in Maryland who's wife had cancer, and was diagnosed to pass away in less than a year. That was in 1995. She is still alive today due to treatments that doctors told my friend would only extend her life a couple of months. So, estimates are not always correct are they?

    The alternative you say is to let nature take its course, however what you are saying is Let her die. Now you don't say it outright, so I guess others could say you never said that, but what other conclusion is to be arrived on? Some miracle?

    The question of what I would want, is moot, because supposing that she is of sound mind, it is HER decision, no one else's.

    The decision of who pays can be addressed in a couple of ways. First, instead of just stopping the possible and condemning the woman to certain death, try the treatment, and look at ways to get those costs down without the either or decision of death or life involved. Second, and more grim is to assemble panels governmentally to determine who is worthy of life, is that a plausible situation for you? Because it is for some around our President.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •