Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 217 of 217

Thread: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

  1. #211
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    There was no effective way to prevent either of those things. One of the requirements of a win-lose scenario is that victory has to be a possibility.
    Right, and implementing a far left ideology made victory impossible and the results show it.

  2. #212
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories


    You might want to dig into your googles a bit deeper. Look what I found, dated January 6, 2011. LOL


    < CBO has not yet developed a detailed estimate of the budgetary impact of repealing that legislation, although it is working with the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) to complete such an estimate in the near future. Because Congressional deliberations on H.R. 2 could begin very soon, CBO is providing in this letter a less-detailed preliminary analysis of that legislation. CBO and JCT estimated that the March 2010 health care legislation would reduce budget deficits over the 20102019 period and in subsequent years; consequently, we expect that repealing that legislation would increase budget deficits. >

    http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...ACA_Repeal.pdf
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #213
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You might want to dig into your googles a bit deeper. Look what I found, dated January 6, 2011. LOL


    < CBO has not yet developed a detailed estimate of the budgetary impact of repealing that legislation, although it is working with the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) to complete such an estimate in the near future. Because Congressional deliberations on H.R. 2 could begin very soon, CBO is providing in this letter a less-detailed preliminary analysis of that legislation. CBO and JCT estimated that the March 2010 health care legislation would reduce budget deficits over the 2010–2019 period and in subsequent years; consequently, we expect that repealing that legislation would increase budget deficits. >

    http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...ACA_Repeal.pdf
    Good Lord, how can their be any costs repealing something that doesn't go into effect for another 3 years? Still buying the CBO numbers? why? What is the accuracy of the CBO 10 years out on any legislation?

  4. #214
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good Lord, how can their be any costs repealing something that doesn't go into effect for another 3 years? Still buying the CBO numbers? why? What is the accuracy of the CBO 10 years out on any legislation?
    Just showing Prof google the errors of his ways. Evidently you are forgetting who your responding to (early onset is so sad).

    I hope this thing tanks, so we can get something even better. like Medicare for all…at the very least.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #215
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Just showing Prof google the errors of his ways. Evidently you are forgetting who your responding to (early onset is so sad).

    I hope this thing tanks, so we can get something even better. like Medicare for all…at the very least.

    LOL, Medicare for ALL? Now there is a great solution, NOT

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Look what I found, dated January 6, 2011.
    LOL!

    january 7:

    Extrapolating the estimated budgetary effects of the original health care legislation and accounting for the effects of subsequent legislation, CBO anticipates that enacting H.R. 2 would probably yield, for the 2012-2021 period, a reduction in revenues in the neighborhood of $770 billion and a reduction in outlays in the vicinity of $540 billion, plus or minus the effects of forthcoming technical and economic changes to CBO’s and JCT’s projections.
    link already provided

  7. #217
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

    today:

    the gop filibustered liu for 9th circuit

    Senate GOP Blocks Obama Judicial Pick : Roll Call News

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •