I've managed many - including my own - and it seemed that the larger a business got the more they only paid attention to profits. I think that's what happens when the CEO's are disconnected - physically - from their employees.
A screaming comes across the sky.
It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow
* Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines
And you get the same results you got when you allowed credit card companies to set up shop in the states with the lowest regulations
* Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
OK.... can't argue with that..
* Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
Of course, kick the can down the road... not a solution, a shirking of responsibility
* Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
OK... fine for point #20... but emphasizes the shallowness of the republican thought on the matter given that malpractice insurance is less than 1/2 of 1% of total cost. If the 4th plank of your platform deals with the trivial expense, well that is pretty superficial. We certainly need superficial solutions to serious problems (but then the Reps are so good at the superficial)...
Last edited by upsideguy; 01-06-11 at 12:34 AM.
says the guy who calls it FauxNews?
“If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.”
- Alexander Hamilton. Spiritual father of #NeverTrump
"Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run
Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.
Do you realize that the high ER costs are paid by the states and local communities and that a large part of those costs are illegal alien costs? Why should the people of your state pay the costs in my state?