Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 211

Thread: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    This is Navy recruiting......

    Seems like false advertising to me. In my experience, women in the Navy almost never look like this.

  2. #182
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Seems like false advertising to me. In my experience, women in the Navy almost never look like this.
    Well, if they moved her boobs to her thighs, it might be close.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #183
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In Dan Choi's case, all that applies.

    I find it funny, now, that some of you are dead certain that Honors shouldn't be allowed to serve as an officer, but when it comes to Dan Choi, you all of sudden don't know.

    I think that illustrates that the real outrage over Honors is because he picked on gays, not so much that he made an idiotic video and showed it to his crew.
    No, we didn't know all the facts. Now that you so kindly provided the actual dates, I can say with all certainty that if he hadn't beed discharged under DADT, he should have been discharged for his conduct. I have no doubt redress will agree.

    Don't tell us our opinions so that you can feel self righteous.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #184
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    No, we didn't know all the facts. Now that you so kindly provided the actual dates, I can say with all certainty that if he hadn't beed discharged under DADT, he should have been discharged for his conduct. I have no doubt redress will agree.

    Don't tell us our opinions so that you can feel self righteous.
    You know me too well. Yes, getting arrested while in service is bad. Very bad. Being arrested while not in service can still affect your ability to enlist(or reenlist) as I already mentioned.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    This is Navy recruiting......



    The Navy has a new recruitment ad out:


  6. #186
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You know me too well. Yes, getting arrested while in service is bad. Very bad. Being arrested while not in service can still affect your ability to enlist(or reenlist) as I already mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    No, we didn't know all the facts. Now that you so kindly provided the actual dates, I can say with all certainty that if he hadn't beed discharged under DADT, he should have been discharged for his conduct. I have no doubt redress will agree.

    Don't tell us our opinions so that you can feel self righteous.
    How could you not know any of this? I'm not totally convinced, but if you say you didn't, then you didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #187
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In Dan Choi's case, all that applies.

    I find it funny, now, that some of you are dead certain that Honors shouldn't be allowed to serve as an officer, but when it comes to Dan Choi, you all of sudden don't know.

    I think that illustrates that the real outrage over Honors is because he picked on gays, not so much that he made an idiotic video and showed it to his crew.
    My understanding is that the videos had many different lewd and immature references, not limited to gays.

    Also, the information about Honors has been in the news and so it is something that I have read multiple accounts of, your references to Choi are the only thing I've read anything recently about. I do have a slight recollection of who you are talking about where someone wrote of chaining to the whitehouse, but other than that, I have no recollection of the offenses that you are referring to.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #188
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    My understanding is that the videos had many different lewd and immature references, not limited to gays.

    Also, the information about Honors has been in the news and so it is something that I have read multiple accounts of, your references to Choi are the only thing I've read anything recently about. I do have a slight recollection of who you are talking about where someone wrote of chaining to the whitehouse, but other than that, I have no recollection of the offenses that you are referring to.
    That's because you knew everything about Choi that you wanted to know: he's gay, an Army officer and speaking out against DADT. The rest was irrelevant. The only reason that Honors even made the news, is because of the non-PC nature of his actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's because you knew everything about Choi that you wanted to know: he's gay, an Army officer and speaking out against DADT. The rest was irrelevant. The only reason that Honors even made the news, is because of the non-PC nature of his actions.

    What Honors did was on a frat boy level what Choi did was to open political discussion.

  10. #190
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Navy opens investigation into raunchy videos

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What Honors did was on a frat boy level what Choi did was to open political discussion.
    Both were violations of the regulations and conduct standards. Neither is better/worse than the other.

    In the military, a serviceman doesn't get to pick and choose which regulations to follow and which ones to ignore.

    If Choi can't be trusted to do something as simple as taking off his uniform, before attending a political event, or staying out of the jailhouse, then how can we trust him to lead soldiers on the battlefield?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •