1. The perfect expression of the social engineering vision revealed: the little people comprising the masses, whom the socialist demagogues, are, candidly, by his view no more than bricks with which to construct that ideal Utopia.Venezuelans worried on Friday that a second devaluation of their currency in 12 months would make life even harder as the socialist government of President Hugo Chavez struggled to turn the economy around.
Already suffering one of the world's highest inflation rates and the only major Latin American economy still in recession after the global financial crisis, they fear the New Year devaluation could hit their livelihoods more.
"It is a blow against the pockets of the workers, against the poorest people," said Robinson Calua, a 50-year-old security guard in downtown Caracas.
In the near future, [devaluation] is likely to feed an inflation rate that the central bank estimates was 26.9 percent in 2010.
The outgoing parliament gave Chavez special decree powers for the next 18 months, which he says he will soon use to increase the country's sales tax from its current 12 percent.
2. Bernanke's perspective:
cnbc: fed pumps 600 billion
Fed to Buy $600 Billion of Treasurys - WSJ.com
3. What's going on in Greece, Ireland, Portugal, France?
4. All the way from Albany, New York, to Sacramento, California?
5. And from the cities and counties of the Florida Keys to the municipalities making up the Puget Sound?
6. What's gonna happen next?
7. Chavez made his move two weeks ago:
UPDATE 6-Venezuela assembly gives Chavez decree powers | Reuters
8. And Carlos and Cassandra get killed.
9. Come out of your closets, comrades, the accounting is complete.
10. It's AUSTERITY time.