Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

  1. #41
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You get what you pay for. That's just how things work in the real world.
    You dont pay $50K for a position that people are lining up for. YOu pay them $30k - $35k and chose the best, then fire the rest.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    You dont pay $50K for a position that people are lining up for. YOu pay them $30k - $35k and chose the best, then fire the rest.
    You choose the best, after you've met the government mandated quotas
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    ...and until then we should reserve our personal judgements against the parties involved, right?
    Of course... I am not saying they are guilty and I know the difference. My statement was under the assumption that he is guilty and I know it was an assumption, not a judgement of guilt. We are not responsible for punishing wrong doers.. so I will not personally try to punish the guy socially or otherwise, which was not my intention. However, I think it's reasonable to judge the alleged crime as disgusting and perverse.

  4. #44
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Sorry, Iím nursing a splitting headache and that one went right over my head.



    Forgive me for not believing your anecdotal evidence, I could just as easily say that my nephew was the photographer on scene and he says it didnít happen like your cousin said it did. Beside the point, Iím fairly certain that if what you claim WERE true, your cousin would be in all manner of hot water for revealing facts about an investigation that have not been made public yet, as they are likely pending further investigation.

    Bottom line, I donít believe you.

    Btw, Iím not a Conservative, just like youíre not a Liberal, but feel free to quote me blindly buying into ANYTHING posted on this forum that hasnít been substantially proven.
    I dont give a hoot if you believe me or not. Its not going to change your life or mine but if you read what I write you would know I have family and 2 friends in law enforcement. Ive also worked with public safety for 3 years and been around a PD on a personal basis for 2 years. Also my cousin didnt come out and say GUILTY either. In FACT he said he couldnt really discuss it fully with me. But since Im not devoid of common sense I infered that this was 100% real and I am very rarely wrong.

    Also the "conservative" thing I said was not directed at you. Why in the hell would you think it was? I know youre not technically conservative.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  5. #45
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You choose the best, after you've met the government mandated quotas
    Agreed!! It amazes me that blacks can say they cant pass the test... SOOOOOOO.... it MUST be racist! And then there are women that demand they do the same job as the men, but cant do the same job as the men....... man dont get me started on this.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #46
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I dont give a hoot if you believe me or not. Its not going to change your life or mine but if you read what I write you would know I have family and 2 friends in law enforcement. Ive also worked with public safety for 3 years and been around a PD on a personal basis for 2 years. Also my cousin didnt come out and say GUILTY either. In FACT he said he couldnt really discuss it fully with me. But since Im not devoid of common sense I infered that this was 100% real and I am very rarely wrong.
    I think this is an unwarranted assumption.

    Simply because you have a cousin who is one of several thousand chicago cops, how does that mean that you or he have some magical insight into what happened with the half dozen cops who were actually at this scene? In addition, I don't understand how the fact that you spend time around cops somehow gives you special knowledge of this particular incident.

    I spend a lot of time around lawyers. I know some lawyers who work in DC. That does not mean that I know anything about what a particular lawyer in DC did on a particular day.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #47
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I dont give a hoot if you believe me or not. Its not going to change your life or mine but if you read what I write you would know I have family and 2 friends in law enforcement. Ive also worked with public safety for 3 years and been around a PD on a personal basis for 2 years. Also my cousin didnt come out and say GUILTY either. In FACT he said he couldnt really discuss it fully with me. But since Im not devoid of common sense I infered that this was 100% real and I am very rarely wrong.
    Again, forgive me for my disbelief, but I’ll wait until all the facts are in before passing judgment. If the allegations are true, I promise my voice decrying their actions will be even louder than yours is now. However, I’ve seen far too many over-inflated accusations brought about by litigious people and their ambulance chasing attorneys to take this at face value.

    Also the "conservative" thing I said was not directed at you. Why in the hell would you think it was? I know youre not technically conservative.
    I was quoted in your post before your statement, so I naturally assumed you were intending to lump me in to the group of people you were referring to. If this was not your intent, then please accept my apologies.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  8. #48
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Again, forgive me for my disbelief, but Iíll wait until all the facts are in before passing judgment. If the allegations are true, I promise my voice decrying their actions will be even louder than yours is now. However, Iíve seen far too many over-inflated accusations brought about by litigious people and their ambulance chasing attorneys to take this at face value.



    I was quoted in your post before your statement, so I naturally assumed you were intending to lump me in to the group of people you were referring to. If this was not your intent, then please accept my apologies.
    Well fair enough. I can understand. We never met and it would be quite difficult to follow everything Ive written on here. I might call BS if the shoe was on the other foot.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #49
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Sorry you didn't get it. It was an Obama joke.

    Besides we don't have the facts. I can't find any info anywhere on this case to get the cops side.
    The reason there isn't much info is because the accident happened a year ago on New Years Eve. And by all indications it was tragic but not particularly exceptional. Driver was waaay drunk and charges are still being processed against him. Girl/victim was a passenger in his car.

    As the police statement noted in the OP link, the allegations in the lawsuit came out of right field as far as the police were concerned. Am guessing the lawsuit was filed yesterday to get under the wire of a one year deadline to file such a civil action. Just a guess....

    .


    ďBuild a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ē

  10. #50
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    The reason there isn't much info is because the accident happened a year ago on New Years Eve. And by all indications it was tragic but not particularly exceptional. Driver was waaay drunk and charges are still being processed against him. Girl/victim was a passenger in his car.

    As the police statement noted in the OP link, the allegations in the lawsuit came out of right field as far as the police were concerned. Am guessing the lawsuit was filed yesterday to get under the wire of a one year deadline to file such a civil action. Just a guess....

    .
    I found news reports from 2009. No mention of cops doing anything wrong. The driver was a partner in a soon to open restaurant, with a hockey player in the Black Hawks. The stepfather of the girl said that the driver was an ex boyfriend and he didn't know why the two were together that night. What I can't figure is who are the witnesses? Is it the driver? He only had a broken wrist and scrapes. Neither were wearing seat belts. From what we've read it sounds like the cops think any onlookers would be on their side.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •