Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

  1. #31
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    We are not in a courtroom right now... and courtrooms are public for a reason, so when the case goes to the court we'll know their verdict and why
    ...and until then we should reserve our personal judgements against the parties involved, right?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think most cops are professional and do a good job. This story is ****ed up though. Should be easy to prove if it's true.
    If by, "most", you mean 51%, then I would agree. However, there is a large minority of cops out there that don't deserve to wear the badge. They certainly shouldn't be allowed to have a badge and a gun, at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    We are not in a courtroom right now... and courtrooms are public for a reason, so when the case goes to the court we'll know their verdict and why
    Not sure what you're getting at here. You're saying that until a case goes before a court, you'll believe anything that a plaintiff says? At what point does common sense enter into the equation?

    It's absurd to say that you're "99% sure" that these claims are true when you don't have a shred of evidence to support that position.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Maybe in Louisiana the pay is $20K a year, but I an assure you that they are paid many thousands (many thousands) more than $20K a year.

    As if what they're being paid would in any way excuse such conduct. Frankly, I don't believe it.
    Let's just say that a sherrif's deputy makes 50 g's a year. How far will 50 g's get you, living in the Chicago area? I'm guessing about as far as 20 g's will get you living in Acadia Parish, Louisiana and that ain't a real long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Why should those who are depended on the taxes of the citizens get paid more than your run of the mill private sector worker (who contributes more to society BTW). If they dont like it, they should go look for private sector work.
    You get what you pay for. That's just how things work in the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Actually, I did read the whole thread and there is no conclusive evidence that anything happened exactly as this lawsuit is alleging. Also, you’re the only person who mentioned posting pictures…



    .
    I spoke to my cousin who is a detective on their force this afternoon. Pick "C".

    Why is it that conserva-people will swallow and digest anything from their propaganda-pushing salesmen but its soooooooooooooooooooo difficult to accept that there are dirty cops that lie and break laws? Its like fat people that will order a huge lunch but then order a Diet Coke because he is watching calories.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  7. #37
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Stupidity is not the same a gross misconduct.
    Sorry you didn't get it. It was an Obama joke.

    Besides we don't have the facts. I can't find any info anywhere on this case to get the cops side.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #38
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I spoke to my cousin who is a detective on their force this afternoon. Pick "C". .
    Oh, well if some guy on the internet claims that he heard that his cousin heard that this was true, it must be true!

    Why is it that conserva-people will swallow and digest anything from their propaganda-pushing salesmen but its soooooooooooooooooooo difficult to accept that there are dirty cops that lie and break laws? Its like fat people that will order a huge lunch but then order a Diet Coke because he is watching calories
    There are plenty of bad cops. The fact that bad cops exist does not prove that in this particular case, bad cops did this particular thing.

    That's easily the worst misuse of the fat dude/diet coke analogy that I've ever seen.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 01-02-11 at 08:23 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #39
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Sorry you didn't get it. It was an Obama joke.

    Besides we don't have the facts. I can't find any info anywhere on this case to get the cops side.
    Sorry, I’m nursing a splitting headache and that one went right over my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I spoke to my cousin who is a detective on their force this afternoon. Pick "C".

    Why is it that conserva-people will swallow and digest anything from their propaganda-pushing salesmen but its soooooooooooooooooooo difficult to accept that there are dirty cops that lie and break laws? Its like fat people that will order a huge lunch but then order a Diet Coke because he is watching calories.
    Forgive me for not believing your anecdotal evidence, I could just as easily say that my nephew was the photographer on scene and he says it didn’t happen like your cousin said it did. Beside the point, I’m fairly certain that if what you claim WERE true, your cousin would be in all manner of hot water for revealing facts about an investigation that have not been made public yet, as they are likely pending further investigation.

    Bottom line, I don’t believe you.

    Btw, I’m not a Conservative, just like you’re not a Liberal, but feel free to quote me blindly buying into ANYTHING posted on this forum that hasn’t been substantially proven.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  10. #40
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Police Disrobed Dead Crash Victim, Took Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I spoke to my cousin who is a detective on their force this afternoon. Pick "C".

    Why is it that conserva-people will swallow and digest anything from their propaganda-pushing salesmen but its soooooooooooooooooooo difficult to accept that there are dirty cops that lie and break laws? Its like fat people that will order a huge lunch but then order a Diet Coke because he is watching calories.
    Which is worse, a big lunch with a tasty diet coke or a big lunch with a nasty regular coke? You seem to be a bigot when it comes to fat people. Did one steal your girl scout cookies?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •