Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

  1. #41
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If all are checked they are not stopping one without cause. If you are sober you will be good.


    They don't need any cause to search a big truck so how is checking all cars any different.

    Welcome to the no rights world truckers deal with every day.

    I have no sympathy since it happens to truckers all the time.
    That's not even true. They may inspect you truck's operating and safety items. The reasons for them to enter the cab are, Fire extiguisher (usually mounted beside the diver on the floor at the door), flares and triangles (keep them in your side box) and [sic] proper bedding for your sleeper, which you can pull out and show them without them entering you cab.
    From the ashes.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You don't have to be drunk, that is the point we are making. Let's say for example you leave a biker party, well bikers are known to have a "few" when they party, so by that logic it's reasonable to think you may have been drinking AT the party and you might be under the influence. Therefore you should have to give blood.
    No I believe the Police are trained by asking a few questions can determine if further testing is needed. If you are sober you will be let to pass with no further tests.

    Yet truck driver are subject to searches and random drug and alcohol testing at anytime with no probable cause needed

  3. #43
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No I believe the Police are trained by asking a few questions can determine if further testing is needed. If you are sober you will be let to pass with no further tests.
    maybe someone spilled a beer on you and you smell like alcohol. We could give a hundred examples. i shouldn't be forced to give my blood period. Do you have to give your blood as a truck driver?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet truck driver are subject to searches and random drug and alcohol testing at anytime with no probable cause needed
    I do not agree with them either and it sounds like you aren't very fond of them, yet you seem to support the same requirements be forced on others.
    From the ashes.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    That's not even true. They may inspect you truck's operating and safety items. The reasons for them to enter the cab are, Fire extiguisher (usually mounted beside the diver on the floor at the door), flares and triangles (keep them in your side box) and [sic] proper bedding for your sleeper, which you can pull out and show them without them entering you cab.
    Wrong they can search your truck for documents to check your log accuracy and for drugs and weapons.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    maybe someone spilled a beer on you and you smell like alcohol. We could give a hundred examples. i shouldn't be forced to give my blood period. Do you have to give your blood as a truck driver?


    I do not agree with them either and it sounds like you aren't very fond of them, yet you seem to support the same requirements be forced on others.
    You seem to think drunks have more rights when they are an accident waiting to happen. Here is why I don't care. I am not supposed to idle when it is hot or cold. If I left a dog in a truck like that I would go to jail.

    Then I am expected to sleep and get well rested even though it is very hot or very cold in my truck. The reefer can run to keep product cold but a driver has no rights and should suffer.

  6. #46
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Tampa, Florida-- With New Year's Eve only days away, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration expects this to be one of the deadliest weeks of the year on the roads.
    This part leads me to believe it's temporary.

    Is the measure temporary - or permanent?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #47
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Thats funny the cause is that it is new years and people are drinking. Yet no one here will address this has been happening for years to truckers. But we should protect drunks that kill people.
    you know WHAT there buddy? Elderly drivers kill more people behind the wheel than people that have been drinking! In FACT you are more likely to die of a freakin aspirin overdose than get injured by a DRUNK driver.... much less a buzzed driver. And Im mother ****ing SICK of the government idiots shredding our RIGHTS! Our FREEDOMS! And I dont need an bat-**** crazy org like MADD or any other org to keep doing this to my fellow citizens!
    You have over 876% more of a chance dying by a worker in a hospital screwing up! Look it up because Im not going to do that for you. Drunk driving.... being TRULY drunk is a danger! But so are elderly drivers!!! So are people that text while driving! You know the punishment a person that texts-while driving????? A $50 ticket!!!!!!!!!!! Compare THAT to someone that has had over 2 beers within the hour. You are treated WORSE than a pedophile plus they suck up over $10K of your hard earned money. MADD has created a DUI industry and its not helping society.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    you know WHAT there buddy? Elderly drivers kill more people behind the wheel than people that have been drinking! In FACT you are more likely to die of a freakin aspirin overdose than get injured by a DRUNK driver.... much less a buzzed driver. And Im mother ****ing SICK of the government idiots shredding our RIGHTS! Our FREEDOMS! And I dont need an bat-**** crazy org like MADD or any other org to keep doing this to my fellow citizens!
    You have over 876% more of a chance dying by a worker in a hospital screwing up! Look it up because Im not going to do that for you. Drunk driving.... being TRULY drunk is a danger! But so are elderly drivers!!! So are people that text while driving! You know the punishment a person that texts-while driving????? A $50 ticket!!!!!!!!!!! Compare THAT to someone that has had over 2 beers within the hour. You are treated WORSE than a pedophile plus they suck up over $10K of your hard earned money. MADD has created a DUI industry and its not helping society.
    The penalties vary. For instance with a CDL DUI is .04%

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    you know WHAT there buddy? Elderly drivers kill more people behind the wheel than people that have been drinking! In FACT you are more likely to die of a freakin aspirin overdose than get injured by a DRUNK driver.... much less a buzzed driver. And Im mother ****ing SICK of the government idiots shredding our RIGHTS! Our FREEDOMS! And I dont need an bat-**** crazy org like MADD or any other org to keep doing this to my fellow citizens!
    You have over 876% more of a chance dying by a worker in a hospital screwing up! Look it up because Im not going to do that for you. Drunk driving.... being TRULY drunk is a danger! But so are elderly drivers!!! So are people that text while driving! You know the punishment a person that texts-while driving????? A $50 ticket!!!!!!!!!!! Compare THAT to someone that has had over 2 beers within the hour. You are treated WORSE than a pedophile plus they suck up over $10K of your hard earned money. MADD has created a DUI industry and its not helping society.
    I would love for you to back up those claims of yours. Otherwise I will assume that you're lying out your hole and are not worth reading.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #50
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Wrong they can search your truck for documents to check your log accuracy
    No they can't. You can hand them your log book and no requirement exists (yet) to prove the accuracy of your logs using receipts.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    and for drugs and weapons.
    Not without a warrant.

    Most drivers allow officers to search their truck, because if they don't they know they will be held up until the officer gets a warrant or he decides to quit being a dick. It costs money to an independent trucker or could cost a company driver his job. It's easier just to let them look and be on your way. It's more convenient is completely different than "there is a legal requirement".
    From the ashes.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •