Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

  1. #31
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So it is okay for the DOT to pull me over and seach my truck for no reason but if happens to drunks it is wrong. I see the trucker has no rights but drunks do
    I never said that, you did. What about the majority of those going through sobriety checkpoints that have not been drinking? Dosn't the 4th amendment apply to them?

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Checking everyone still requires probable cause.
    Actually no it doesn't.

    Excerpts From Supreme Court's Decision Upholding Sobriety Checkpoints

    Also the fact that they have a judge there to write on the spot warrants actually gives such road stops more legitamacy as the judge can see exactly how things are conducted instead of hearing about it second hand from a plaintiff and defendent. However just because the judge is there and able to write on the spot warrants doesn't mean that he is going to.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #33
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    ... however you do not have a right to get where your going without someone running into you?
    Not having checkpoints doesn't make driving super dangerous just like not having the TSA pat downs or body scaners DOES NOT mean you will get blon up on your next flight.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  4. #34
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    YUP!!!!! I kept telling people for the last 2 years that MADD is out of control! They are fighting HARD for this. That along with thier sister org the NHTSA. THIS MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Republicans, Democrats MUST work together on fighting this!!!!! MADD needs to close its doors. They have done what they were set out to do and finished that about 10 years ago. These SOBs are raping people of their freedoms! To me thats WORSE than drinking and driving! Right now a cop in Illinois can pull over ANYONE and if their get a ticket for DUI...... EVEN IF THEY ARE INNOCENT...... you lose your license for a YEAR!!!!!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    What about setting up random checkpoints on any givin day like they used to do here in Texas until it was declared unconstitutional. then where is your probable cause? Where should we draw the line? Should we allow police to enter peoples homes and search without probable cause simply because some people conduct illegal activities in thier homes. Why not, you and some others are willing to give up your rights, might as well tear it up. It means nothing to you.
    I notice you never say anything about this happening to truckers.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I never said that, you did. What about the majority of those going through sobriety checkpoints that have not been drinking? Dosn't the 4th amendment apply to them?
    Again it is ok for truckers? You seem not to care that this has been happening to truckers for years but you defend drunks that kill people when they drive.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Again it is ok for truckers? You seem not to care that this has been happening to truckers for years but you defend drunks that kill people when they drive.
    Lets burn this strawman here, and now. No one in this thread is defending drunks, they are defending a person's right to not have their property/person searched without cause.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually no it doesn't.

    Excerpts From Supreme Court's Decision Upholding Sobriety Checkpoints

    Also the fact that they have a judge there to write on the spot warrants actually gives such road stops more legitamacy as the judge can see exactly how things are conducted instead of hearing about it second hand from a plaintiff and defendent. However just because the judge is there and able to write on the spot warrants doesn't mean that he is going to.
    Yeah, I'm aware that this is what the law says and that the courts have upheld it. I just disagree.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Lets burn this strawman here, and now. No one in this thread is defending drunks, they are defending a person's right to not have their property/person searched without cause.
    Thats funny the cause is that it is new years and people are drinking. Yet no one here will address this has been happening for years to truckers. But we should protect drunks that kill people.

  10. #40
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Thats fine but I will not be drunk. Because I have a CDL I am DUI at .04%

    I bought a bottle of wine today to drink at home with my wife on New Years. I worked over Christmas so I could be home on New Years when all the drunks are out
    You don't have to be drunk, that is the point we are making. Let's say for example you leave a biker party, well bikers are known to have a "few" when they party, so by that logic it's reasonable to think you may have been drinking AT the party and you might be under the influence. Therefore you should have to give blood.
    From the ashes.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •