Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 110

Thread: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

  1. #61
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    if you had proof , good for you.
    Dude, this is common. We have to pay a union guy to come and "watch" us do our work in the northeast. They show up late, if at all, and afterwards they'll mess with our equipment so we have a constant service call issue (under warranty). Our service calls in the northeast are three times what they are anywhere else, and the equipment is located inside buildings and out of the elements.

    Unions are at the fabric of this country's decline.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    But see, this is all part of the problem. if they did do a "Slowdown", I'd hire every private plow I could, and take it out of the city budget for the union workers pay, pensions, etc....

    I'd also use thier budget to file criminal charges against them...


    people died because these guys who get payed very well, more than they deserve were upset that they got cuts just like the rest of the city. **** them.
    what i've seen is the accusations are against management, who supposedly ordered the supposed slowdown...and if it did happen, with management ordering it, that puts the drivers in a bad posistion, and i don't care what j-mac or anyone else says, if the drivers disobeyed, they could have been fired for insubordination, or the management that supposedly ordered them to 'slow down' could have made life difficult for the drivers....these are certainly disturbing accusations, and i'll await the final reports and see what they have to say.

  3. #63
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    what i've seen is the accusations are against management, who supposedly ordered the supposed slowdown...and if it did happen, with management ordering it, that puts the drivers in a bad posistion, and i don't care what j-mac or anyone else says, if the drivers disobeyed, they could have been fired for insubordination, or the management that supposedly ordered them to 'slow down' could have made life difficult for the drivers....these are certainly disturbing accusations, and i'll await the final reports and see what they have to say.


    Read this again. it sounds like the mob. Managment isn't the problem in this scenario, it's the unions, once again.


    lets say they did hire those plows..... those very same union workers would be all over the city with thier stupid rat blow up doll they use. **** them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Dude, this is common. We have to pay a union guy to come and "watch" us do our work in the northeast. They show up late, if at all, and afterwards they'll mess with our equipment so we have a constant service call issue (under warranty). Our service calls in the northeast are three times what they are anywhere else, and the equipment is located inside buildings and out of the elements.

    Unions are at the fabric of this country's decline.
    your tag says you are from texas..do you travel to work?

  5. #65
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    your tag says you are from texas..do you travel to work?



    I've seen verizon workers cut lines of lightpath (the latter is not union)... We keep lightpath equipment under lock and key these days. (although many under cablevision are union so it's a cluster **** of people doing illegal things to each other)....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Read this again. it sounds like the mob. Managment isn't the problem in this scenario, it's the unions, once again.


    lets say they did hire those plows..... those very same union workers would be all over the city with thier stupid rat blow up doll they use. **** them.
    again, from what i've read, this supposedly started with management, and as far as i know, and in my experience, ownership/management never puts a union person in a management posistion, and the union wouldnt tolerate it...conflict of interest.

  7. #67
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    again, from what i've read, this supposedly started with management, and as far as i know, and in my experience, ownership/management never puts a union person in a management posistion, and the union wouldnt tolerate it...conflict of interest.


    So non union managment told the union to do something illegal and they listened? REally?


    NYC Sanitation Department Union Thug caught sleeping on job | Estater
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I've seen verizon workers cut lines of lightpath (the latter is not union)... We keep lightpath equipment under lock and key these days. (although many under cablevision are union so it's a cluster **** of people doing illegal things to each other)....
    did you report this...??? are you sure they were cutting lines, not repairing/ replacing them ? some strong accusations you have been making.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So non union managment told the union to do something illegal and they listened? REally?


    NYC Sanitation Department Union Thug caught sleeping on job | Estater
    your boss tells you to do or not do something, do you listen? do you expect your 'employees' to listen when you give a directive?

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Sanitation Department's slow snow clean-up was a budget protest

    The union lied and people died.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •