Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 224

Thread: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

  1. #151
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    why are you silent about nyc?
    Because this is about NJ, not NYC. Start a thread about how Bloomberg ****ed up and then we can discuss that. Or are you trying to derail the thread yet again because the facts dont suit you? That is after all your normal operating procedure.

    This is a lie. I live here in NJ. it was predicted to skirt the coast until 6 hours before it hit. feel free to prove me other wise with links or another poster here from jersey who disagrees.... try CC.

    Office of the New Jersey State Climatologist

    almost every year d00d...... we get a storm like this. /facepalm
    Your links says nothing of what you state. Weather changes all the time, but that storm was for warned days in advanced. We even got reports about it in Europe that it was developing.

    so you are comparing 24" of snow, to a hurricane, levee break and a huge oil spill?
    24 inches of snow in a day or two is massive. Plus in areas it was much more, and with the wind factor then it gets really bad. So dont play dumb.

    Plus if it was "normal" snow fall, does that not mean that your state and your leader was incompetent to even deal with that? At least with an unexpected snow fall he has an excuse, but if as you claim it is "normal" then what excuse does he have then for not doing his freaking job? Why did it take so long to clear roads? Why did the state ground to a near halt if it was "normal" snow fall? Why did airlines cancel every flight if it was "normal" snowfall?

    Seriously?

    Plan B Updates - 29: Record Heat Wave in Europe Takes 35,000 Lives - Far Greater Losses May Lie Ahead | EPI

    "A record heat wave scorched Europe in August 2003, claiming an estimated 35,000 lives. In France alone"
    And as your own link stated.. a record heat wave.. aka out of the ordinary.. And you stated

    i mean it wasn't like a french heat wave where 30k people die because europe is basically a third world nation.
    which clearly says... A French heat wave where 30k people died. That is false. 14802 died in France. Across Europe, from Portugal to Russia, 35k died in the worst heat wave seen for over a century. And again you avoided the fact that the normal summer temperature does not require homes be cooled down by air conditioners and hence most European countries do not have them.

    And again, I can not state this enough, we were seeing 100F+ temperatures across Europe in areas that had never seen such high temperatures and these temperatures lasted for weeks. In the Netherlands it reached almost 38 degrees (98ish F) for a considerable amount of time, in a country that barely gets above 30c (86F) during the summer.

    So are you telling me that on the off chance that the temperatures once in several centuries may reach insane levels that European houses have to be equipped with air condition? Why dont you answer that? Or will you as usual ignore the obvious?

    I have proven you wrong on both accounts.
    Actually you were caught out yet again. Your own comments doomed you.
    PeteEU

  2. #152
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    yes, the partisan hackery.... you comparing a massive oil spill to a typical nor'easter...... yes thanks for that demonstration......



    note.... nagin ****ed up... i pointed it out.... note..... christie didn't need to be here.... consistancy......
    I like how you dumb it down. To me, a crisis is a crisis. If this storm was supposed to be soooo typical, why was a football game cancelled because of it's threat? Bottom line, I have little doubt that if Christie was a Democrat, he'd be feeling your wrath, but because he's a Republican, he gets a pass. Got it, Rev.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #153
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I like how you dumb it down. To me, a crisis is a crisis. If this storm was supposed to be soooo typical, why was a football game cancelled because of it's threat?
    The answer to your question is because the NFL made the decision, not the state of PA. And what does the NFL and Pennsylvania's football stadium have to do with NJ and Christie? Here's a dumbed down version for you:

    Nothing.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #154
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,401

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I like how you dumb it down. To me, a crisis is a crisis. If this storm was supposed to be soooo typical, why was a football game cancelled because of it's threat? Bottom line, I have little doubt that if Christie was a Democrat, he'd be feeling your wrath, but because he's a Republican, he gets a pass. Got it, Rev.


    see my links to the history of jersey snowstorms..... they happened under democrats watch....... i didn't complain....



    devils played in Newark that night.....



    Booker is a democrat, he did a fine job plowing newark.....


    You want to ammend your accusation now or leave it as is?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #155
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Do people expect Governor Mike Michaels (or whatever his redundant name is ) to shovel the snow himself? He'd have a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #156
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,401

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Well it looks like the blizzard created more "shovel ready" jobs in 12 hours than Obama has in 18 months.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #157
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Well it looks like the blizzard created more "shovel ready" jobs in 12 hours than Obama has in 18 months.


    Good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #158
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It looks like we have another George W. Bush in the making... Christie is a conservative hero?
    Obama played golf 57 days last year despite a recession and massive unemployment.

    Which looks worse?

  9. #159
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I just love love love the obvious partisan hypocrisy hackery here.
    My condemnation about the oil spill and the snow storm in NJ are not connected nor an example of hypocrisy.

    The snowstorm is an act of nature, happens every year. Money and resources are assigned to scrape it off the roads, jobs are staffed to man the scrapers. This is business as usual and we have them EVERY year in NJ. Those things occurred, NJ's clearing of the snow occurred without a hitch. NY on the other hand had Bloomberg there, managing everything and they did a horrible job. NJ did fine.

    The oil spill was a man made accident, which escalated into a full blown oil spill which does NOT happen every year. The Fed was NOT prepared when it happened and Obama went on golfing anyway. Full blown resources weren't put to it for weeks no matter what the little Obama-pansies scream about "day 1".

    As usual Middleground, you can't tell the difference between **** and shineola, nor make an accurate comparison or even understand when something is hypocritical. Since you failed in a big way by claiming PA's canceling of an NFL game had something to do with NJ only to find out the NFL canceled the game and not the PA government, you double down on failure. Kudos. When it comes to epic fail, you're the Queen.
    Last edited by Ockham; 01-03-11 at 03:52 PM.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: N.J. lawmaker questions absence of Christie, lt. gov. during blizzard

    This argument is really getting stupid. Especially with all the partisan crap. NJ is fine. Christie didn't need to come back. I'd say the same thing regardless of the politics of the governor. I also don't think it was imperative that Obama go to the gulf when the oil spill happened. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who discerns between these two issues is just being partisan.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •