Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

  1. #11
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    There are legitimate and legal means of firing back at unfair practices and for blowing the whistle and such.
    When people choose not to follow these legal protections that are already out there - they void my sympathies.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    From what I understand, he did not approach either his employer or the TSA about perceived deficiencies.

    He simply went straight to posting YouTube videos.

    Well, that may be assumption, so far all we have is what is reported. For all we know he could have been complaining to his superiors, and alike, and being ignored.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I did not comment on news organizations because that was not the topic of this thread.

    But thanks for the straw man!

    I think it is a fair question to ask. what about other like situations? Why is one scenario ok, and another brings wrath?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #14
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    There are legitimate and legal means of firing back at unfair practices and for blowing the whistle and such.
    When people choose not to follow these legal protections that are already out there - they void my sympathies.
    I thought whistleblowing laws were supposed to protect people like this?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think it is a fair question to ask. what about other like situations? Why is one scenario ok, and another brings wrath?

    j-mac
    Because different scenarios are...different? Using youtube to point out your employers security issues is not a good idea.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I thought whistleblowing laws were supposed to protect people like this?


    j-mac
    Whistleblower laws also require you to use certain procedures.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    He went to You Tube so chances are the leaks will be looked at.

    If he went to his boss or the goverment, it might have been swept under the rug.

    I can't blame him for shining a light on a huge problem.

    On the point of showing this to terrorists, who here thinks this would be news to terrorists? I am sure they know where all the leaks are in the airports.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm...Let's see here, Obama's thug Napalintano can search your groin, and the crotch of your 12 year old daughter, but don't blow the whistle on security holes on them....They then "punish" you....Nooooo, we are free here.


    In other TSA news....





    This is getting out of control. Shouldn't 'Big Sis' resign? I think she should, and then maybe we can get back to some sense of sanity, and not this authoritarian crack down of US citizens Obama has put in place through his thug in control of HSA.


    j-mac
    More and more like the KGB over here. I wonder when they'll just shoot people for refusing to be felt up or imaged naked.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think it is a fair question to ask. what about other like situations? Why is one scenario ok, and another brings wrath?

    j-mac
    Feel free to point out all the times I have done that, J-Mac.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #20
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,012

    Re: Sacramento-area pilot punished for YouTube video

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I did not comment on news organizations because that was not the topic of this thread.

    But thanks for the straw man!
    I'll be more clear. I don't agree with with the posting on youtube. I also don't agree with the govt. response. What I was trying to point out is, imo, there is a similarity between the pilots posting of flaws in airport security and news stories that have been aired in the past (trying to sneek fake bombs, showing lack of security to airplane access at small airports, etc). The one difference is he is a pilot and the others were so called reporters. Not to divert the thread, but some have supported wleaks and the posting of classified documents. The pilot posted his opinion, yet the govt. hammers him. Seems a bit over the top.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •