Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    His views on marijuana lit up the Internet on Thursday because they seemingly aligned him with liberal groups that have long complained of the punitive nature of the nation's drug laws. The comments have been seized on by pro-marijuana groups that cite them as evidence that their message is gaining traction not only in the mainstream but within the religious right.
    No ****, Sherlock. All I can say at this time is that, after his tirades over the years, even against common decency, my jaw dropped to the floor when I read this story. So here we have ********, a paragon of the religious community, ********, someone who is listened to and watched by millions of Christian Conservatives, and ********, a man who doesn't back down an inch on what he believes in, firing a salvo across the bow of the War on Drugs. And let me just say this, folks - If the almighty ******** is now attacking the War on Drugs, then that ship is sinking, and it is only a matter of time until all that is left of it is so much flotsam. As much as I can't stand ********, I must say Kudos to him. He finally called one right, for the first time in his bigoted, miserable life. Thank you, ********.








    ******** = Pat Robertson. Who in God's green Earth would have ever thunk it? Now hear this - If legalization of weed is good enough for Pat Robertson, it's good enough for the rest of us. After all, how can we dispute the Word of God? Especially when it now appears that Robertson had a reason for saying that the 911 victims were killed because God hated them. And I betcha dollars to donuts that Robertson has been smoking a lot of the stuff he has condemned in the past. It's the only thing in the whole wide world that could make him as ****ing weird as he is..... Well, maybe it was all the acid trips he has been taking behind our backs too.

    Article is here.

    NOTE TO MODS: I realize that one of the rules for posting in breaking news is to post the headline exactly the way it appears, but I honestly couldn't help this. If you see and understand what I did here, then please give me a break, and no infraction points..... However, if you feel you must give the points, then pass me a tissue, and let me weep alone. Honestly, this is so hilarious that I just could not help posting it this way. I take responsibility, but I beg for mercy, or at least a MODicum of mercy, only for a long enough period of time for me to stop laughing over this story.
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-24-10 at 12:11 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Are you really sure you want to go public with the news that you two are in agreement.?

    It isn't too late to have this thread deleted.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    I disagree with Pat Robertson on this, and I'm an evangelical Christian. However, I don't really respect Robertson's positions nor is he a person of influence in my life. I'm still for keeping marijuana illegal.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I disagree with Pat Robertson on this, and I'm an evangelical Christian. However, I don't really respect Robertson's positions nor is he a person of influence in my life. I'm still for keeping marijuana illegal.
    How dare you speak out against the Word of God. You are going to fry in hell for that!!
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-24-10 at 12:04 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No ****, Sherlock. All I can say at this time is that, after his tirades over the years, even against common decency, my jaw dropped to the floor when I read this story. So here we have ********, a paragon of the religious community, ********, someone who is listened to and watched by millions of Christian Conservatives, and ********, a man who doesn't back down an inch on what he believes in, firing a salvo across the bow of the War on Drugs. And let me just say this, folks - If the almighty ******** is now attacking the War on Drugs, then that ship is sinking, and it is only a matter of time until all that is left of it is so much flotsam. As much as I can't stand ********, I must say Kudos to him. He finally called one right, for the first time in his life. Thank you, ********.








    ******** = Pat Robertson. Who in God's green Earth would have ever thunk it? Now hear this - if legalization of weed is good enough for Pat Robertson, it's good enough for the rest of us. After all, how can we dispute the Word of God? Especially when it now appears that Robertson had a reason for saying that the 911 victims were killed because God hated them. And I betcha dollars to donuts that Robertson has been smoking a lot of the stuff he has condemned in the past. It's the only thing in the whole wide world that could make him as ****ing weird as he is..... Well, maybe it was all the acid trips he has been taking behind our backs too.

    Article is here.

    NOTE TO MODS: I realize that one of the rules for posting in breaking news is to post the headline exactly the way it appears, but I honestly couldn't help this. If you see and understand what I did here, please give me a break, and no infraction points..... However, if you feel you must give the points, then pass me a tissue, and let me weep alone. Honestly, this is so hilarious that I just could not help posting it this way. I take responsibility, but I beg for mercy, or at least a little mercy for long enough for me to stop laughing over this story.
    I bet I can find quotes from his past endorsing the criminalization of pot.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    How dare you speak out against the Word of God. You are going to fry in hell for that!!
    I'll be the one to state the obvious. Pat Robertson is NOT God.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #7
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Well, at least we know now what most likely was the responsible agent for causing Robertson to boast he could bench press 2,000 pounds.

  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I'll be the one to state the obvious. Pat Robertson is NOT God.
    Please don't tell him that. It would totally crush him.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Well, at least we know now what most likely was the responsible agent for causing Robertson to boast he could bench press 2,000 pounds.
    Actually he claimed he could leg press 2000 lbs not bench press
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #10
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    re: TV evangelist Robertson's remarks on marijuana please legalization camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Actually he claimed he could leg press 2000 lbs not bench press
    correction, noted. That makes the claim all that more plausible when you view Pat's physique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •