Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #721
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    End oil dependence, go with National Oil run by the Army Engineers, and end exports to Japan, Canada, Mexico, Korea, Netherlands, Chile and Singapore. More than 1.8 million barrels a day of crude oil, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other refined products while you pay $4. a gallon. Want to pay $2. a gallon, and use $1. of that towards American health care? National Oil would benefit all Americans and make corporations competitive in global trading.
    we buy a lot of oil and natural gas from Canada,and a lot of electricity. do we really want to mess with them?
    we get a lot of oil from Mexico...and send them natural gas to power their electrical generation, do we want to mess with them?

    I see no problems trading with immediate neighbors. It is Arab oil that is the problem....
    Last edited by UtahBill; 03-28-11 at 01:51 AM.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #722
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The US has 2% of the world's oil and currently uses 25% of the world's oil. Please explain how the math works out in your proposal.




    Your laughable assumption repeated often by the enemies of prosperity in this nation is this line well indoctrinated by the "Green" Industry. The utter foolishness that we somehow are the 'energy pigs' of the world, and it ties in nicely with those guilt born Americans that often are either in supposed institutions of so called "higher learning" or recently graduated, where their heads of mush are filled with these far left notions of American ignobleness, and how greedy we are. Wake up man! As the Matrix pointed out, take the red pill!

    In Bakkan alone it is estimated that if we were allowed to explore, on land already owned by the oil companies, but not allowed to gain permits to drill by Obama, we would have centuries of oil from that formation alone.

    The greatest Bakken oil production comes from Elm Coulee Oil Field, Richland County, Montana, where production began in 2000 and is expected to ultimately total 270 million barrels. In 2007, production from Elm Coulee averaged 53,000 barrels per day (8,400 m3/d) more than the entire state of Montana a few years earlier.[18]
    New interest developed in 2007 when EOG Resources out of Houston, Texas reported that a single well it had drilled into an oil-rich layer of shale below Parshall, North Dakota was anticipated to produce 700,000 barrels (111,000 m3) of oil.[19] This, combined with other factors, including an oil-drilling tax break enacted by the state of North Dakota in 2007,[20] shifted attention in the Bakken from Montana to the North Dakota side.[citation needed] The number of wells drilled in the North Dakota Bakken jumped from 300 in 2006[21] to 457 in 2007.[22] Those same sources show oil production in the North Dakota Bakken increasing 229%, from 2.2 million barrels (350,000 m3) in 2006 to 7.4 million barrels (1,180,000 m3) in 2007.

    Bakken formation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Obama is gong after, and putting out of business oil companies without any other energy source at all yet developed to take its place. it is irresponsible, and foolish.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #723
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we buy a lot of oil and natural gas from Canada,and a lot of electricity. do we really want to mess with them?
    we get a lot of oil from Mexico...and send them natural gas to power their electrical generation, do we want to mess with them?

    I see no problems trading with immediate neighbors. It is Arab oil that is the problem....
    Trading with Arabs would not be a problem either if the Arabs bought US products to balance the trade. The trade deficit is what's draining this country. US corporations moving our jobs overseas is making it worse.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #724
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post



    Your laughable assumption repeated often by the enemies of prosperity in this nation is this line well indoctrinated by the "Green" Industry. The utter foolishness that we somehow are the 'energy pigs' of the world, and it ties in nicely with those guilt born Americans that often are either in supposed institutions of so called "higher learning" or recently graduated, where their heads of mush are filled with these far left notions of American ignobleness, and how greedy we are. Wake up man! As the Matrix pointed out, take the red pill!

    In Bakkan alone it is estimated that if we were allowed to explore, on land already owned by the oil companies, but not allowed to gain permits to drill by Obama, we would have centuries of oil from that formation alone.



    Obama is gong after, and putting out of business oil companies without any other energy source at all yet developed to take its place. it is irresponsible, and foolish.


    j-mac
    The highest estimate of recoverable reserves in the Bakken is 24 billion barrels. Since we use 7 billion barrels a year how does that give us centuries of oil?
    You right wing extremists, living in a world of faith, devoid of all reality are the re reason we are in this energy mess.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  5. #725
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Trading with Arabs would not be a problem either if the Arabs bought US products to balance the trade. The trade deficit is what's draining this country. US corporations moving our jobs overseas is making it worse.
    we could always sell them weapons, I suppose.
    Balance of trade is not the important issue.
    A lot of the money we spend buying their oil ends up supporting terrorism.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #726
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    The highest estimate of recoverable reserves in the Bakken is 24 billion barrels. Since we use 7 billion barrels a year how does that give us centuries of oil?
    You right wing extremists, living in a world of faith, devoid of all reality are the re reason we are in this energy mess.

    First of all, your estimates could be far lower than what is actually there and recoverable because we can't explore thanks to Obama. Second you base your base insult on using only the oil found in Bakken alone.

    You seem to want all kinds of alternatives in energy, and move towards ending our supply of current energy without having replacements tested, or anywhere near in place, yet you call me the 'extremists' .... That's a good one.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #727
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we could always sell them weapons, I suppose.
    Balance of trade is not the important issue.
    A lot of the money we spend buying their oil ends up supporting terrorism.
    Absolutely, so we should drill our own, work more with our friendly neighbors like Canada, and cut them off.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #728
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First of all, your estimates could be far lower than what is actually there and recoverable because we can't explore thanks to Obama. Second you base your base insult on using only the oil found in Bakken alone.

    You seem to want all kinds of alternatives in energy, and move towards ending our supply of current energy without having replacements tested, or anywhere near in place, yet you call me the 'extremists' .... That's a good one.


    j-mac
    How much oil is in the Bakken?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  9. #729
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we could always sell them weapons, I suppose.
    Balance of trade is not the important issue.
    A lot of the money we spend buying their oil ends up supporting terrorism.
    Weapons are about the only thing we do sell them. Balance of trade is the most important issue. They are growing wealth while we are losing it. w
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #730
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First of all, your estimates could be far lower than what is actually there and recoverable because we can't explore thanks to Obama. Second you base your base insult on using only the oil found in Bakken alone.

    You seem to want all kinds of alternatives in energy, and move towards ending our supply of current energy without having replacements tested, or anywhere near in place, yet you call me the 'extremists' .... That's a good one.


    j-mac
    Are you actually stating that exploration of the Bakken has stopped?
    Really?
    What is your estimate of reserves in the Bakken?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •