Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #61
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Supposed to be? who is stealing it for other things?
    You are reading in to my statement more than is intennded to be there.....
    However, there are 50 states collecting gas taxes, as well as the federal govt, and govt is full of crooks, in both parties, so anything is possible....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #62
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    It appears that taxes collected at the pump have long been insufficient for the actual expenses required to maintain roads. Looks like those taxes need to go up, a lot.
    There are no alternatives, pay up or get a bike...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    You are reading in to my statement more than is intennded to be there.....
    However, there are 50 states collecting gas taxes, as well as the federal govt, and govt is full of crooks, in both parties, so anything is possible....
    What Are Federal Gas Taxes Used For? | eHow.com

  4. #64
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    It appears that taxes collected at the pump have long been insufficient for the actual expenses required to maintain roads.

    That IMHO, is because they use the money collected from the existing taxation for other things like making their own deficits look smaller....


    Looks like those taxes need to go up, a lot.

    No, and that shouldn't be the first answer, to dig deeper into my pocket...That's my money, not theirs.

    There are no alternatives, pay up or get a bike...
    Well, there is a third option, use our money wiser.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #65
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That IMHO, is because they use the money collected from the existing taxation for other things like making their own deficits look smaller....





    No, and that shouldn't be the first answer, to dig deeper into my pocket...That's my money, not theirs.



    Well, there is a third option, use our money wiser.


    j-mac
    So if we can't use your money to fix the roads, will you stay off OUR roads?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Republicans are going to cut Highway Transportation Funding for the states. This has been off the table before. So if states want to maintain their roads they are going to have to find the funds somewhere else.

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    So if we can't use your money to fix the roads, will you stay off OUR roads?
    No, that isn't what I said. But the shell games from both sides should cease. As for me staying off the roads, hell no, I won't stay off them. They were constructed for me. Don't forget that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    if the govt raises fuel taxes, you will pay it, if you want to use your car...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #69
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Republicans are going to cut Highway Transportation Funding for the states. This has been off the table before. So if states want to maintain their roads they are going to have to find the funds somewhere else.
    state tax, fed tax, who cares? as long as we all pay, we all ride...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #70
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    if the govt raises fuel taxes, you will pay it, if you want to use your car...

    True enough, and what, I should be happy about that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •