Page 56 of 173 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #551
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post


    You do know gas prices plummeted during the economic collapse under Bush, don't you? That is why gas prices were low when Obama took office. Of course you would chose to ignore that and try to make a lame comparison between Bush and Obama. Gas prices rose as the economy recovered.
    Why did you post a chart of Canadian gas prices ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #552
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Why did you post a chart of Canadian gas prices ??
    You might want to take a remedial reading class. See the blue line? It says USA average.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #553
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    You might want to take a remedial reading class. See the blue line? It says USA average.
    Yeah, but your chart title says "country=Canada".

    Maybe you are correct, but I don't remember gas ever going below $2 here, especially for that amount of time. Looks like Canadian dollars to me.

    http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=72&Areas=USA%20Average,,&Unit=US%2 0$/G

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #554
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, but your chart title says "country=Canada".

    Maybe you are correct, but I don't remember gas ever going below $2 here, especially for that amount of time. Looks like Canadian dollars to me.
    Look at the chart, not the link. It's a chart for US gas prices. If you want to provide another be my guest.

    Last edited by USA_1; 03-10-11 at 12:35 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  5. #555
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Look at the chart, not the link. It's a chart for US gas prices. If you want to provide another be my guest.
    No, I'll take your word for it. Gas never got that low around here, but these prices are likely adjusted for inflation.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #556
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, I'll take your word for it. Gas never got that low around here, but these prices are likely adjusted for inflation.
    Don't take my word for it. Gas was below 2 bucks here when the economy tanked. It is an average. I'm sure California prices didn't get that low.
    Inflation has been a nonfactor the last 3 years.
    Last edited by USA_1; 03-10-11 at 12:39 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #557
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    700 bucks a year really is not that big of a deal, now is it?
    astonishing

  8. #558
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, but your chart title says "country=Canada".

    Maybe you are correct, but I don't remember gas ever going below $2 here, especially for that amount of time. Looks like Canadian dollars to me.
    Definately not Canadian gas prices

    The lowest they got here would have been around 2.64 a galllon (retail) (alberta)
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post


    You do know gas prices plummeted during the economic collapse under Bush, don't you? That is why gas prices were low when Obama took office. Of course you would chose to ignore that and try to make a lame comparison between Bush and Obama. Gas prices rose as the economy recovered.
    If you believe the economy has recovered. The economy still sucks

  10. #560
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Definately not Canadian gas prices

    The lowest they got here would have been around 2.64 a galllon (retail) (alberta)
    Canada sells by the liter not gallon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •