Page 47 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #461
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    they sure are

    Libya crisis sends U.S. gas prices up 33 cents in two weeks - CNN.com

    and it's not just libya, not just the mideast

    prices are up 82 cents in just over a year

    it's a lot of things

    the esteemed emeritus above has already pointed out a number of them a number of times, read him

    stay up
    Right, like I said, the days of cheap gas are gone.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #462
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And most of those 10 million barrels a day is from Canada!

    Please, please, please re-elect Barack Obama so Canada can continue on its road to riches!!
    Most of us don't mind buying from canada and mexico, they are our neighbors and it is a good thing to have a economically successful neighbors. Mexico isn't successful, so we have an illegal immigration problem. If any of us think having Mexicans sneaking across our southern border, wait til the Canadians start streaming in....

    Buying oil from countries that hate us needs to stop....we are funding terrorism with our Arab oil purchases.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #463
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Snopes has long been speculated to be biased to the left, however seeing how much faith you put into it, even after you're earlier posting had been questioned, leaves me to conclude that they are indeed biased.....

    j-mac
    said speculation is from ubercons who got caught lying by snopes....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #464
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Most of us don't mind buying from canada and mexico, they are our neighbors and it is a good thing to have a economically successful neighbors. Mexico isn't successful, so we have an illegal immigration problem. If any of us think having Mexicans sneaking across our southern border, wait til the Canadians start streaming in....

    Buying oil from countries that hate us needs to stop....we are funding terrorism with our Arab oil purchases.
    On the contrary though, what do you think would happen to the people of say iraq if the US stopped purchasing oil from them. Perhaps they could still sell it elsewhere, but imagine the economic turmoil.

  5. #465
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, 40 years of Carter's "morasse" would have made this country great .......... The people of this country gave their opinion on Carter's policies and a goodbye kick in the ass in 1980.
    and replaced him with Ronald Reagan who out of sheer spite dismantled the one right thing that Carter did, implement an energy policy. Every republican president since has said we need an energy policy, but that appears to be empty rhetoric on their part.
    don't let your blind hatred of all things "liberal" make you unable to see the wisdom in having an energy policy....
    there is nothing liberal about having an energy policy, it is just good common, yea verily even good conservative thinking.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #466
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    On the contrary though, what do you think would happen to the people of say iraq if the US stopped purchasing oil from them. Perhaps they could still sell it elsewhere, but imagine the economic turmoil.
    why buy oil from half way around the world when we have nearby neighbors who have plenty?
    the first country we should scorn is Saudi Arabia. They are the major source of funding for terrorists...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #467
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    and replaced him with Ronald Reagan who out of sheer spite dismantled the one right thing that Carter did, implement an energy policy. Every republican president since has said we need an energy policy, but that appears to be empty rhetoric on their part.
    don't let your blind hatred of all things "liberal" make you unable to see the wisdom in having an energy policy....
    there is nothing liberal about having an energy policy, it is just good common, yea verily even good conservative thinking.
    Reagan led us down the path to massive deficits, government bailouts and energy dependance. Why do people worship that dude?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #468
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    another winning slogan---ronnie stiffed carter, that's what happened

    meanwhile, energy policy:

    MAKE IT! as much and as fast as possible!

    omnibus energy!

    mobilize this nation like fdr did in ww2, emergency footing---the way out of that which ails us today is PRODUCE POWER

    energy is a guaranteed worldwide critical need for the next century, he or she who makes power will have the entire planet at his or her well grounded feet

    oil, offshore, refineries, electrical power plants, gas, clean coal, nukes, wind, solar, tidal, butterfly wings, alternatives, shale, batteries, tax breaks for and public investment in, r&d, electric cars...

    anything that could conceivably kick back to us POWER

    this is a JOBS program even more than an ENERGY policy

    these are great jobs, careers, productive, secure, with room for advancement, benefits, health care and pensions...

    omnibus energy, national mobilization, #1 domestic priority---the way out of our mess

    america would respond excitedly
    Last edited by The Prof; 03-07-11 at 08:19 PM.

  9. #469
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    another winning slogan---ronnie stiffed carter, that's what happened

    meanwhile, energy policy:

    MAKE IT! as much and as fast as possible!

    omnibus energy!

    mobilize this nation like fdr did in ww2, emergency footing---the way out of that which ails us today is PRODUCE POWER

    energy is a guaranteed worldwide critical need for the next century, he or she who makes power will have the entire planet at his or her well grounded feet

    oil, offshore, refineries, electrical power plants, gas, clean coal, nukes, wind, solar, tidal, butterfly wings, alternatives, shale, batteries, tax breaks for and public investment in, r&d, electric cars...

    anything that could conceivably kick back to us POWER

    this is a JOBS program even more than an ENERGY policy

    these are great jobs, careers, productive, secure, with room for advancement, benefits, health care and pensions...

    omnibus energy, national mobilization, #1 domestic priority---the way out of our mess

    america would respond excitedly

    You left out conservation but that is basically what Carter said 3 decades ago, and people decided to go with Reagan instead.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #470
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    On the contrary though, what do you think would happen to the people of say iraq if the US stopped purchasing oil from them. Perhaps they could still sell it elsewhere, but imagine the economic turmoil.
    Nothing would happen to Iraq

    Iraq has light to medium crude which most refineries and upgraders can handle fairly easily. The US stops buying from Iraq, Europe, India and China buy more from Iraq to replace the oil that the US bought from Canada

    Venezuela, Canada and Mexico would have short term issues if the US stopped buying oil from them. Venezuela, due to the nature of the heavy sour crude it produces is generally refined by specific refineries in the US. It would take time to build or refit refineries to handle their crude. Canada and Mexico because of the transportation network (pipelines) are designed to head to the US
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •