Page 35 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Not nonsense, your bias is coming thru, and you still owe me an apology.

    Are you really going to let your grandmother fill her own natural gas tank?

    Professional drivers can be trained, make it a part of their CDL....
    Sure CDL drivers don't have anything on their plate give them more. The new trucks now need exhaust fluid for clean idle

  2. #342
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Sure CDL drivers don't have anything on their plate give them more. The new trucks now need exhaust fluid for clean idle
    What if trucking company's were urged to convert over their diesel trucks to run on propane/natural gas? Wouldn't that help cut costs in the longer term?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Hybrids are a good idea - though I personally haven't seen a different in Prius drivers --- their smug attitude though, yes. Hybrids are a good marketing tool to sell more cars - so I have no issue with that at all. The idea however that investment of government money (ie., tax dollars) at this time for some ideological wet dream is insanity. But then again, if there's any group in the U.S. that will take the lead in moving to alternative fuels it's the private sector with help of the market. It will be a challenge though with oil still in good supply...
    The problem with hybrids and I notice this more with prius drivers is they pullout in front of me and accelerate slowly they want every tenth of fuel mileage possible. Causing an accident or causing road rage does not matter

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What if trucking company's were urged to convert over their diesel trucks to run on propane/natural gas? Wouldn't that help cut costs in the longer term?
    Probably not because then they would raise prices because of the demand of a million trucks doing 3000 miles a week

  5. #345
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I see make us use ethanol that lowers MPG and then expect the auto industry to still find ways to increase mileage. Shows how stupid these GW environmentalists are
    Do you mean the increased ethanol in gas requirement passed by the Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by President Bush?

    "The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Pub.L. 109-58) is a bill passed by the United States Congress on July 29, 2005, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on August 8, 2005, at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico."

    "the Act increases the amount of biofuel (usually ethanol) that must be mixed with gasoline sold in the United States to 4 billion gallons by 2006, 6.1 billion gallons by 2009 and 7.5 billion gallons by 2012"

    Energy Policy Act of 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #346
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Most people think Reagan was a moron too. So what's your point?
    I have no problem with calling Reagan's economic policies voodoo economics. I guess my point is that blindly following a policy because someone from "their side" espoused it is silly. Too many on this site are blinded by party loyalty to make an credible arguements.

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Do you mean the increased ethanol in gas requirement passed by the Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by President Bush?

    "The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Pub.L. 109-58) is a bill passed by the United States Congress on July 29, 2005, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on August 8, 2005, at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico."

    "the Act increases the amount of biofuel (usually ethanol) that must be mixed with gasoline sold in the United States to 4 billion gallons by 2006, 6.1 billion gallons by 2009 and 7.5 billion gallons by 2012"

    Energy Policy Act of 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Good example of what I was saying. Who cares if it was a republican or democrat who passed lousy legislation. And to say that your politician is a bigger knucklehead than mine seems childish.

  8. #348
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Yes yes... let's just use how expensive alternative fuels are to buy into the Progressive socialist change over of the country!
    I suppose you can't address those facts? I am sorry that I prove time and time again that socialized medicine works out to be cheaper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    They're tightly combined - energy and economics... let's take it in steps shall we? How about we first set a goal to cut discretionary spending, and balance the budget before we jump ahead and start trying for a budget surplus. The progressive liberal in the White House just spent 4 trillion dollars in 2 years on bail outs. I think we need a breather, given the return on jobs, investment, housing, and now inflation starting to kick in... the improvements in our lives aren't quite what was expected.
    We cut non military discretionary spending every time we need cuts. There isn't much room left. In fact, non military discretionary spending is easily the most streamlined budgetary item. If more cuts can be made without affecting the integrity of our most important programs, then fine, cut them. However, there is certainly some pork available in defense spending as well.

    Then, of course, we can raise taxes back up to their already low rate before Bush took office, and gain even more money. We can slowly bring our troops home from over seas, and we can use that money to invest in our own infrastructure! That's sounds great to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Actually, I'd like change to be stop spending like drunken socialists on a bender, I'd like fiscal responsibility, I'd like government waste to be culled, earmarks erradicated, healthcare left to the states, the Fed shrunken, the FCC, EPA, Dept. of Ed, and a whole other host of nonsense like it removed from government and those buildings either bull dozed or rented to the private sector. And let's not kid ourselves, there aren't enough indians to shoot and we've shot them enough... but open day on progressive liberals sounds much more fun.
    Man oh man. I wish I could live in another country as you and just let you do all that. I wish. Then you could get screwed over by every business since all your government regulations just went out the window, you can forget about clean drinking water, lower pollution levels, progressive energy policy, and equal public schools.

    I wish I could give that to you, but unfortunately, most people in this country don't agree with you. Most of us like our roads, we like our clean drinking water, we like our regulations that prevent unethical business practices, we like our education, and some of us would even like health care added onto that package.

    Maybe you can move to Texas and secede. I think you'd have the best chance there.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #349
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    We all buy electric cars then we will have to burn more coal to produce the electric for the cars.

    I want to see the electric motor and batteries that will pull 80,000 LBS in a big truck
    Because technically it will still be cheaper. Electricity is currently cheaper than oil. Also, that is why I was discussing moving our energy production more efficient and renewable as well.

    I don't see where anyone said trucks would become electric.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Electricity is currently cheaper than oil.
    not if obama gets his way

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

    "under my plan electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket"

    "if somebody wants to build a plant, they can, it's just that it will bankrupt them"

    are you sure this guy knows what he's doing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •