Page 148 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #1471
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Are you one of those posters who can only score points with insults downstairs because your arguments upstairs don't hold water?
    Cat... my arguments hold water upstairs, and that is why I Libs get all excited downstairs. I am relentless because Libs embrace a failed philosophy. I back it up with examples too, despite what others claim.

    As far as OC is concerned... he is a known quantity. I'm not alone noting his penchant for prevarication and putting words in other folks mouths. It's a habit... and a bad one.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #1472
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Hell, no....we should appoint old friends who know nothing. Much like GWB did..and they did a "heck of a job", especially in New Orleans.
    Obama is doing more long term to harm that region than any Hurricane ever could. Destroying an industry takes real balls.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1473
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Obama is doing more long term to harm that region than any Hurricane ever could. Destroying an industry takes real balls.

    j-mac
    Yep, and its almost as if that industry, (regardless of it being by one oil rig) didn't destroy a few industries itself.

    Tourism
    Fishing

    Obama stopped drilling, for fun! Because he enjoyed it.

    Now we could argue that he should restart it, but the truth of he matter is, drilling in the gulf wont even touch oil prices by much, the gulf ain't a Saudi arabia.

  4. #1474
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep, and its almost as if that industry, (regardless of it being by one oil rig) didn't destroy a few industries itself.

    Tourism
    Fishing

    Obama stopped drilling, for fun! Because he enjoyed it.

    Now we could argue that he should restart it, but the truth of he matter is, drilling in the gulf wont even touch oil prices by much, the gulf ain't a Saudi arabia.
    True that the Gulf does not come close to Saudi Arabia's oil reserves, but 3,828,000,000 barrels of proven reserves is nothing to sneeze at.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #1475
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep, and its almost as if that industry, (regardless of it being by one oil rig) didn't destroy a few industries itself.
    So that justifies what he is doing through his regulatory bodies there now? Not a strong argument.

    Tourism
    Fishing
    Tourism may be just as much an indicator of high gas prices, unemployment, and the WH itself doing damage in the wake of the BP spill as anything else.

    Fishing, has been declared safe regardless of liberals trying to use the spill as a spring board for ever increasing regulation, and intentional killing of the economy there.

    Obama stopped drilling, for fun! Because he enjoyed it.
    No, he stopped it because he doesn't believe that securing true American energy independence is in his interests of taking this country down a few notches.

    Now we could argue that he should restart it, but the truth of he matter is, drilling in the gulf wont even touch oil prices by much, the gulf ain't a Saudi arabia.
    Bull! Did not we hear the same tripe from libs 10 years ago when we started trying to exploit resources in Alaska? I believe at the time I heard things like "oh, it'll take 10 years to see one drop"... Well, it's now 10 years later, and that oil would look pretty good right about now to working people like me...But nooooooooo, can't have that now can we?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1476
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    True that the Gulf does not come close to Saudi Arabia's oil reserves, but 3,828,000,000 barrels of proven reserves is nothing to sneeze at.
    That's about almost 200 days worth of oil at current US consumption.

  7. #1477
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That's about almost 200 days worth of oil at current US consumption.
    The flaw in your reasoning here is that this would be the only oil the US is using until used up.....That is flat out crap.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1478
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The flaw in your reasoning here is that this would be the only oil the US is using until used up.....That is flat out crap.


    j-mac
    How much do you think 200 days worth of oil would effect the price of a globally traded and priced commodity especially when consumption is only set to rise, and how do you stop some of that oil going overseas if a company chooses to do that?

    I think there's a flaw in your reasoning.

    Because you see, in my case, Im not saying Companies shouldn't be allowed go drill again, i think maybe they should.

    Im just arguing against all of ou thinking that ut would effect the price of oil, it won't,

  9. #1479
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How much do you think 200 days worth of oil would effect the price of a globally traded and priced commodity especially when consumption is only set to rise, and how do you stop some of that oil going overseas if a company chooses to do that?

    I think there's a flaw in your reasoning.

    Because you see, in my case, Im not saying Companies shouldn't be allowed go drill again, i think maybe they should.

    Im just arguing against all of ou thinking that ut would effect the price of oil, it won't,
    It most certainly would. That one particular announcment may not have a huge effect, but if you could couple that with an announcment that America was going to ramp up exploration, and drilling to search out known, as well as unknown deposits of oil, in conjunction with continuing our search, and devolopment of new, and promising sources of energy, speculators would definately drop the price.

    But to take your line of thought, ah, what's the use? right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1480
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It most certainly would. That one particular announcment may not have a huge effect, but if you could couple that with an announcment that America was going to ramp up exploration, and drilling to search out known, as well as unknown deposits of oil, in conjunction with continuing our search, and devolopment of new, and promising sources of energy, speculators would definately drop the price.

    But to take your line of thought, ah, what's the use? right?


    j-mac
    Yes because during the 2008 spike, when Saudi Arabia said they would boost production in effected it tremendously...

    You know what actually brought down the price of oil that year?

    It was the fact that americans were losing their purchasing power by a massive extent, and therefore wouldn't be able go consume as much oil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •