Page 134 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #1331
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    LOL!
    Laugh all you want Jet. You'll need to receive more spin when that price hits $6 per gallon, and the working class, and poor. They won't be too happy, and drilling will sell well to the masses at that point.

    Yeah, Obama has done NOTHING with alternative energy.

    Nothing at all.
    Not to any extent to be destroying the current energy system. You think he has? Then tell me what will replace gas, diesel, and coal right now?

    He never talks about it.
    Talk is cheap.

    He's never invested in it.
    Never said he hasn't, however, investing in something not yet developed doesn't mean that you cut off the current supply.

    Nope you're right
    Oh, I know, but so far you have misrepresented nearly everything I said. Ah well, I am used to it.

    oh and drilling off the coast.

    Not enough oil to effect the pricing of a GLOBALLY TRADED AND PRICED COMMODITY!
    I am surprised that you didn't throw in the other talking point, "evil speculators!!!" However, if you recall, when Bush was faced with $4 plus at the pump, he announced that he was going to open up offshore drilling, and the price dropped nearly immediately.

    oh yeah I forgot, the free market only works when you say it works...
    I don't think that at all, but I do like facts. It would be nice if instead of snark, and condescension we could discuss like adults. Is that too much to ask? maybe so given the propensity of liberals today follow Allensky's rule of ridicule your opponent. Problem for you though is that at this point it just makes you look small.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1332
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    U.S. gas prices are a joke ... in Norway

    "Most Europeans pay at least double what Americans do. Some of them, including the Greeks and the Scandinavians, shell out even more.

    In the U.S., the nationwide average for the price of gas was $3.53 per gallon on Thursday, according to AAA. The price has risen for 16 consecutive days, jumping 34 cents.

    But that's still less than half the $9.28 per gallon paid in Oslo, according to Din Side, a Norwegian search and news site that monitors gas prices, among other things.

    Who's paying what: Most Europeans, including the British, the Irish, the Germans, the Italians and the French, pay somewhere between $7.50 and $8 per gallon, according to the International Energy Administration.

    Danes paid $8.20 per gallon at the end of February, according to the IEA. Greeks -- no strangers to economic hard times -- were paying $8.45.

    Many people may assume that Europeans pay a lot for gas because they don't have their own source of fossil fuels. In fact, they do.

    Norway is awash in oil because of its thriving oil industry in the North Atlantic. The United Kingdom also has access to the oil fields in the same region.

    Italy has deep corporate ties with Libya. Its oil production company, Eni, is the largest producer in Libya. But even in the best of times, without civil war in Libya, gas in Italy is expensive when compared to the U.S. Italians on average paid $7.77 a gallon at the end of February, according to the most recent data from the IEA.

    "The difference between countries comes down to taxes and subsidies," said Tom Kloza, the chief oil analyst for Oil Price Information Service. "Prices are incredibly high in Europe because of the stiff taxes that EU countries put on fuel. The same holds true for many other countries."

    The Japanese also pay more -- $6.30 at the end of February -- and so do the Canadians, at $4.49 per gallon, according to the IEA."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1333
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Why should I care what other countries pay?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1334
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I like Ron Paul, it doesn't really mean that he is going to be the next president since it's too early to tell. Ron Paul satisfies my needs as president. Smaller government is the answer to all the problems. Government created this enormous deficit and I am including Bush, Bush was not a TRUE republican, he was a progressive republican, along with his father. Companies get in financial trouble, let them get themselves out of it. It costs a lot of money every time the the government get involved in anything. Government CONSUMES money, government doesn't MAKE money. If I get in financial trouble, I get myself out of it and I don't expect for my neighbor, family, government to help me.
    I want a LEADER for president and not a president that lies; says one thing and does another. I am fed up.
    Obama was elected because he DIDN'T have a record, he has one NOW and a very bad one, any republican is going to beat him if he still can't turn things around in the next year and 8 months left. I just hope that people elect the right one this time and not anybody just out of hate like the last time.
    Is there a question in this post? read it twice, don't see it....
    Ron Paul sounds good, but will the GOP support him? or sandbag him like they did with Romney?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #1335
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    U.S. gas prices are a joke ... in Norway

    "Most Europeans pay at least double what Americans do. Some of them, including the Greeks and the Scandinavians, shell out even more.

    In the U.S., the nationwide average for the price of gas was $3.53 per gallon on Thursday, according to AAA. The price has risen for 16 consecutive days, jumping 34 cents.

    But that's still less than half the $9.28 per gallon paid in Oslo, according to Din Side, a Norwegian search and news site that monitors gas prices, among other things.

    Who's paying what: Most Europeans, including the British, the Irish, the Germans, the Italians and the French, pay somewhere between $7.50 and $8 per gallon, according to the International Energy Administration.

    Danes paid $8.20 per gallon at the end of February, according to the IEA. Greeks -- no strangers to economic hard times -- were paying $8.45.

    Many people may assume that Europeans pay a lot for gas because they don't have their own source of fossil fuels. In fact, they do.

    Norway is awash in oil because of its thriving oil industry in the North Atlantic. The United Kingdom also has access to the oil fields in the same region.

    Italy has deep corporate ties with Libya. Its oil production company, Eni, is the largest producer in Libya. But even in the best of times, without civil war in Libya, gas in Italy is expensive when compared to the U.S. Italians on average paid $7.77 a gallon at the end of February, according to the most recent data from the IEA.

    "The difference between countries comes down to taxes and subsidies," said Tom Kloza, the chief oil analyst for Oil Price Information Service. "Prices are incredibly high in Europe because of the stiff taxes that EU countries put on fuel. The same holds true for many other countries."

    The Japanese also pay more -- $6.30 at the end of February -- and so do the Canadians, at $4.49 per gallon, according to the IEA."
    American consumers have been paying too little for a lot of things. We need to end all subsidies to the corporate world, let prices stabilize where they will....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #1336
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    American consumers have been paying too little for a lot of things. We need to end all subsidies to the corporate world, let prices stabilize where they will....
    Could you do me a favor and define "subsidy" for me, then tell me what "subsidies" the oil companies get?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1337
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Could you do me a favor and define "subsidy" for me, then tell me what "subsidies" the oil companies get?

    j-mac
    Speaker Boehner Open To Ending Oil Company Subsidies: ‘They Ought To Pay Their Fair Share’ | Mediaite

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04bptax.html

    is 2 enough, or do I need to give you a long list of repetitive info? More repitition makes it more true, right?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #1338
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why should I care what other countries pay?

    j-mac
    More importantly, why would you expect to pay less given that we all buy our oil from the world market?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #1339
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Speaker Boehner Open To Ending Oil Company Subsidies: ‘They Ought To Pay Their Fair Share’ | Mediaite

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04bptax.html

    is 2 enough, or do I need to give you a long list of repetitive info? More repitition makes it more true, right?

    This isn't what I asked for. Here, I'll ask it again....Define "subsidy" and tell me what "subsidies" the oil companies are getting.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1340
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    More importantly, why would you expect to pay less given that we all buy our oil from the world market?
    Why would I expect to pay what some other country pays? Espically since we sit atop the largest reserves of oil in the world.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •