Page 110 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #1091
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    By what incentive does the market have to find a solution? The world market is making record profits from the fact that demand exeeds supply. The price will continue to go up as we get closer and closer to world peak oil. As long as we are stupid enough to keep paying their prices rather than developing alternatives, they are happy to keep taking our money. Hell, we even fight their wars to keep us dependent on them longer.
    Good lord.

    Lets see, if the businesses don't have anymore oil, then they go out of business.
    Consumers don't want to dump a whole pay check into their gas tank, they'll create demand and the market will develop a supply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We have ignored that we passed peak oil in 1971 and we now whine like a child because of the bed we made for ourselves. Time to buck up my friend, its going to get alot bumpier when we go over the world peak in a couple more years. The US military did not issue a warning about world peak oil last year based on my assessment, now did they?
    You don't know this, it's only speculation.
    That's what makes this whole argument retarded.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #1092
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Good lord.

    Lets see, if the businesses don't have anymore oil, then they go out of business.
    Consumers don't want to dump a whole pay check into their gas tank, they'll create demand and the market will develop a supply.
    Only for an ever increasing price. All the cheap sources of oil have already been drilled out. Have you not seen the warning from the Military?



    You don't know this, it's only speculation.
    That's what makes this whole argument retarded.
    It is a fact beyond doubt that we have not produced in this country as much oil as we consume since 1971. If you claim it is speculation, back it up if you can with documentation of any year in the last 4 decades when we have drilled more oil than we consumed.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our current 5 passenger hybrid has averaged 43.5 mpg during the 100,000 miles we have put on it. Our previous 2 passenger hybrid averaged 65 mpg.



    It was designed to burn 10% ethanol so that it will not hurt the engine. So was your Harley by the way. Harley Davidison advertizes that about their motorcycles. I've already shown this to you.



    It cost me no more than conventional construction.





    Then stop whining about how much it is costing you!
    So if the vehicles you claim can burn 10% why does the government say not to use 15% in them. If 15% is bad so is 10%.

    Nice spin but what you will find they will now want road use taxes because people use less gas. You are creating even more expense to people who are struggling now with finances. Of course you do not care if you produce a police state and more poverty

  4. #1094
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I can't speak for the Northern states or Canada, but in the South, we have many rural poor that live in trailer parks. Both Democrat and Republican. It is the trailerpark Republican however that tends to vote against their own class interests.

    The book, Deer Hunting with Jesus, describes the phenomenon perfectly!
    Just to note

    I was joking. I expect that most people in trailer parks are not particularly political and those that are will be a mixture of the two
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #1095
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Good lord.

    Lets see, if the businesses don't have anymore oil, then they go out of business.
    Consumers don't want to dump a whole pay check into their gas tank, they'll create demand and the market will develop a supply.



    You don't know this, it's only speculation.
    That's what makes this whole argument retarded.
    The US produced its highest level of crude oil in the 70s and is now producing about 65% of what it did then.

    The US military did issue a warning about oil supplies, one reason why it is working at adapting to higher efficiency and alternatives to crude oi( coal to liquid, bio fuels, fuel cells, photovoltaic cells for remote bases)
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #1096
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If he had the opportunity to make more in the free market he wouldn't be a trailer park republican now would he?
    well, so much for love your neighbor

    what's wrong with trailer parks?

  7. #1097
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    They let their fears about guns, gays, god and terrorists overide their economic interest.
    americans vote their minds

    you gotta problem with that too?

  8. #1098
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Time to buck up my friend
    vote for obama, 2012---buck up!

    stop whining about how much it is costing you!

    LOL!

    it actually appears that the lovers of all humanity, the courageous captains of the class consciousness crusade, don't really like or respect people very much after all

    oh well

    buck up!

  9. #1099
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Here...................



    And here.................



    Peak oil is a bitch isn't it? Too bad we didn't follow Carter's energy plan, huh?
    Carter wasn't so good on foreign policy, so it follows that he was wrong on everything. it is a part of the republican mantra, no liberal can be right about anything.....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    If oil was that hard to come by, then the world market would being finding an alternative without government prompting.
    They, by and large, aren't and it's not like one day they turn on the oil taps and it's all gone.

    A gradual depletion will be noticed and the world will come up with something else, the fear mongering now is moronic.
    The Saudis are investing heavily in solar power, and hope to export it to neighboring countries....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •