Page 103 of 173 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1728

Thread: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

  1. #1021
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Missed it, what was the jist of it?
    we have to do it all, and we have to start now, no more quibbling over what is "best".....
    All sources are on the table, clean what we can...
    New nukes are going up in 4 years in China, the plants are standardized and pre-fabbed as much as possible. There is a 3 day supply of cooling water in a tank that sits on top of the reactor vessel in the newest design being built.
    China has dirty coal, they are building lots of nukes, but are also using lots of solar cells, wind, etc.
    The future speaks chinese, at the moment....
    Synfuels for cars are $100K per teaspoon at the moment.....
    a lot was said about "efficiencies", meaning conserving by building better cars and buildings, etc.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #1022
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    we have to do it all, and we have to start now, no more quibbling over what is "best".....
    All sources are on the table, clean what we can...
    New nukes are going up in 4 years in China, the plants are standardized and pre-fabbed as much as possible. There is a 3 day supply of cooling water in a tank that sits on top of the reactor vessel in the newest design being built.
    China has dirty coal, they are building lots of nukes, but are also using lots of solar cells, wind, etc.
    The future speaks chinese, at the moment....
    Synfuels for cars are $100K per teaspoon at the moment.....
    a lot was said about "efficiencies", meaning conserving by building better cars and buildings, etc.
    I agree!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1023
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Am I supposed to be surprised that the Conservatives are once again trying to block progress?
    jay rockefeller and carl levin?

    conservatives?

    LOL!

    cap and trade is dead, epa is in the crosshairs of 60 senators

    where's jimmy carter when you need him

  4. #1024
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop


  5. #1025
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    jay rockefeller and carl levin?

    conservatives?

    LOL!
    Yeah that's funny, a few Blue dog democrats, but every single Republican opposes it. Guess which party those concerned about our environment are going to support?

    Great point you made!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #1026
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah that's funny, a few Blue dog democrats, but every single Republican opposes it. Guess which party those concerned about our environment are going to support?

    Great point you made!
    What, you think democrats are the only ones who care about the environment? What a blow hard you can be at times.

    If it werenít for commie pinkos like you who screw up EVERY SINGLE ISSUE IN AMERICA by claiming socialism or communism is the cure and that the American economy must be crippled by insane government intervention, the true environmentalists might find every American working with them to make the changes we need to make.

    People are starting to see that most of you arenít true environmentalists. They are starting to recognize that they have been taken for a ride by the socialists and the communists who want to overthrow the current government in America and dispose of their constitutional rights.
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 04-22-11 at 02:45 AM.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #1027
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    What, you think democrats are the only ones who care about the environment?
    It is simply a statement of fact. Tell me how many Republicans you count in support of EPA's climate change regulations?
    Senate Whip Count EPA Climate Regulations - POLITICO.com
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #1028
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It is simply a statement of fact. Tell me how many Republicans you count in support of EPA's climate change regulations?
    Senate Whip Count EPA Climate Regulations - POLITICO.com

    You are in favor of giving up your rights to an unelected regulatory body, and allowing them to run unchecked, yet you call me the fascist? Sir, you obviously don't know what fascism is.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1029
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    a few Blue dog democrats
    levin's a dog?

    LOL!

    the "few" are sufficient to KILL it, bottom line

    sorry

    but every single Republican opposes it
    yup

    and it won us the most house seats since 1938, a year after the eponymous roosevelt recession, most state reps and leg's in history, 10 gubs, 6 senators...

    tsunami tuesday, baby

    Great point you made
    the american people make themselves clear

    they find massive tax increases on energy (1800 dollars per househeld per year, reckons the gao) at both ends, production and consumption, in the midst of economic crisis downright unamerican

    GAO Finds Massive Waste, Duplication - FoxBusiness.com

    "vote obama, 2012!"

    "don't be a fascist!"

  10. #1030
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil rises above $90 amid US crude supply drop

    exactly, barack the slasher's entire energy "policy" is doa in his own senate

    thanks to 16 endangered dems

    blue dogs and conservatives from pennsylvania, michigan, ohio, minnesota, missouri...

    how far did carter get congressionally?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •