Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 244

Thread: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

  1. #51
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nice propaganda and appeal to emotion. Care to make a logical argument instead?
    Ok, check it.

    While I love freedom of speech and encourage it, there are limits. For example, you can go and talk about killing, but you take it to a different level when you are serious and talk about actually killing a person or a group of people.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #52
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Hmm...

    Nope, doesn't make a difference. I still hate vaguely-worded laws used as moral claw-hammers.
    So f*cking a 7 year old girl is a moral issue? Seriously? Oh my effing God. Your good Christian upbringing teach you that?

    You people are looking for loopholes to save a pedophile? Btw, that rape I mentioned is the story of the teenage girl that lives next door. Alcoholic mother, raped at age 7. You fundies wanna give that rapist a pass if you can find a loophole? WTF?
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  3. #53
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Which is why emotion should never override logic. A law should never be passed to "right" a past "wrong" or revenge an act. That is why the Adam Walsh Act has been proven unconstitutional in many states, and is being challenged in many othes. Sorry AS, I am totally against you on this one. Just as I am against the Patriot act which was passed on emotion and not logic, this is too. I think Florida will lose, and lose a lot of money, on this. They will be made fools of.

    The man wrote a book. I can write a book on anything I want to, protected by the first amendment. No book has ever caused someone to commit a crime, it is an inanimate object. The person commits the crime, not the book.

    What if a child molester says that the show "America's Got Talent" made him do it when he saw a child perform on stage? You gonna go after AGT? Or, since you don't see much connection, AGT is ok? See where this goes? It's a slippery slope.
    I think what is most disturbing is that you guys are actually defending the book.... "it's just a book," "attacking a book is ridiculous," "this book won't cause them to commit a crime."

    Thanks for the reminder Dick Tracy.. the fact is this book is telling child abusers how to abuse children and how to get away with it. It's teaching them how to manipulate children and even discusses when it's proper to use a condom with a child and not to.

    If you want to defend the free speech of this guy, that is one thing... but to act like this book is OK and acceptable and "we shouldn't attack the book," or the publication and distribution of this book isn't going to result in any kids being sexually assulted.. is just ridiculous.

    Because when I am reading through a lot of your comments, it actually sounds like you are justifying the material in this book.. and that s**t can't be justifed. Amazon should not have published the book, and the outrage of the people to protest was justified.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 12-24-10 at 04:33 PM.

  4. #54
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    The issue of children being raped and molested is an emotional issue... It's going to evoke a strong emotional response from certain people more than others, especially survivors of rape and abuse.

    If you want to ask for logic fine... what about letting the punishment fit the crime? A lot of survivors I have seen go through life with lingering problems: PTSD, anxiety, cutting, depression, drug/alcohol abuse, flack backs... and fears of sex being very common. I know a 34 year old woman who has never had a boyfriend in her life, because she can't handle being touched by a male after years of being raped by her father. Many victims feel that their lives are ruined... is that emotional? probably, but what about the logical aspect of it. Victim advocacy? Justice? Research and statistics.. who are pedophiles? Solutions?

    Research shows that rehabilitation doesn't work for the majority of pedophiles and they are not successfully reintegrated in society after serving time... Some have even offered to be castrated so they don't commit their crimes anymore although they can still touch children inappropriately and still injure them sexually. Some advocates think the prison sentences should be longer, or suggest completely overhauling the correction system...

    I don't know which is right or the best answer.. but I do think something should be done considering the record sexual offenders have with not be rehabilitated. Books like this are not going to help the issue either... Defending this guy's rights are the least of my concern... I am concerned what society can do to fix the problem these people are creating...

    The writer of this book even said that his goal is to help create a more open society to pedophilia. He also hopes that less of them will go to jail or go very long.. so this guy is a big ass problem in the whole scheme of things. I don't want my society to work for people like him and for pedophiles. I want society to work in the benefit of the children and other would be victims by lessening the occurrence of rape, and destroying the BS constructs that teach victims to blame themselves...

  5. #55
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think what is most disturbing is that you guys are actually defending the book.... "it's just a book," "attacking a book is ridiculous," "this book won't cause them to commit a crime."

    Thanks for the reminder Dick Tracy.. the fact is this book is telling child abusers how to abuse children and how to get away with it. It's teaching them how to manipulate children and even discusses when it's proper to use a condom with a child and not to.

    If you want to defend the free speech of this guy, that is one thing... but to act like this book is OK and acceptable and "we shouldn't attack the book," or the publication and distribution of this book isn't going to result in any kids being sexually assulted.. is just ridiculous.

    Because when I am reading through a lot of your comments, it actually sounds like you are justifying the material in this book.. and that s**t can't be justifed. Amazon should not have published the book, and the outrage of the people to protest was justified.
    Have you read the book? I mean, I think that would be a pretty important thing to do before judging what the book actually says. From what I have read of author and the comments of the author it sounds like his intention is to discourage sex, while at the same time appealing to those who do engage in sexual activity to practice more safe behavior.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  6. #56
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The issue of children being raped and molested is an emotional issue... It's going to evoke a strong emotional response from certain people more than others, especially survivors of rape and abuse.
    Well, that's a problem. No one is saying you don't have the right to have a strong emotional response...but just don't lose sight of the fact that your strong emotional response will invariably cloud your rational judgment. I'm not especially inclined to listen to highly emotional people when it comes to rational discussions of policies.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf
    The writer of this book even said that his goal is to help create a more open society to pedophilia. He also hopes that less of them will go to jail or go very long.. so this guy is a big ass problem in the whole scheme of things. I don't want my society to work for people like him and for pedophiles. I want society to work in the benefit of the children and other would be victims by lessening the occurrence of rape, and destroying the BS constructs that teach victims to blame themselves...
    OK, so his goal is to create a more open society to pedophilia. Just because most people dislike that goal doesn't mean that he doesn't have the right to his opinion. It's basically no different than any other form of political advocacy. There are groups devoted to creating more open societies to drugs, prostitution, assault weapons, illegal immigration, racism, sexism, homophobia, vigilantism, or religious fundamentalism. You may or may not agree with those viewpoints, but I think few people would argue that those people shouldn't be allowed to express their political opinions. Just because someone favors reforming a law to legalize something or reduce the sentence, doesn't mean that they have committed a crime merely by voicing that viewpoint.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #57
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Have you read the book? I mean, I think that would be a pretty important thing to do before judging what the book actually says. From what I have read of author and the comments of the author it sounds like his intention is to discourage sex, while at the same time appealing to those who do engage in sexual activity to practice more safe behavior.
    Got a male child? Can I send him to this author for awhile?

    Let me guess, you don't want a prayer room in NY, regardless of first amendment rights, but you want to discuss diddling little boys rationally? Amazing.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  8. #58
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Absolutely untrue. Roughly 90% of child abuse cases involve a parent or close relative.
    Wow, I guess you learn something new every day. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    In fact, it is this exact stat, that has so many people outraged at the sex offender registry. Since so few sex offenders ever reoffend (3.5-5% according to the department of justice, with nearly 50% being the average for all other crimes) that means that these people who abuse their kids don't abuse anyone else's kids so are no threat to them yet they have to register publicly, sometimes for life.
    I'm not a fan of the registry for a host of reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    It's a bad bad thing, no doubt, but lets face it, just like you can't lock up someone for being gay, you can't lock them up for simply being a pedophile. It is better to let him learn to control his urges in a way that doesn't harm kids, rather than tell him "no" all the time and then he lashes out and destroys a life.
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Ok, sorry I'll get off my soapbox. I just had to correct the incorrect piece of information I saw.
    Appreciated.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #59
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    So f*cking a 7 year old girl is a moral issue? Seriously? Oh my effing God. Your good Christian upbringing teach you that?
    I invite you to quote me where I said any such thing. You will, of course, fail to do so. Your half-assed appeal to emotion fails.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    You people are looking for loopholes to save a pedophile? Btw, that rape I mentioned is the story of the teenage girl that lives next door. Alcoholic mother, raped at age 7. You fundies wanna give that rapist a pass if you can find a loophole? WTF?
    You're quoting me, but I get the distinct impression you're either not actually talking to me, or not actually reading what I'm actually saying.

    Par for the course, coming from you.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And I hope that bastard never gets out of prison. The how-to book on molesting children sparked a firestorm that got the book pulled from Amazon.com, and now he is in jail. There is no telling how much damage his publishing that book caused, or how many child molesters may have used it as a guide to fulfilling their own sick, perverted fantasies.

    May this punk never get out of prison, and may an inmate named "Bubba the Booty Bandit" have his way with him each and every day the punk is still alive.

    Article is here.
    amen brother...may they hang him by the balls until dead

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •