Here is a quick rundown of what happens:
1. A false accusation is made against the guy. Molestation, rape, whatever. This is caused by a pissed off preteen girl, pissed off ex wife, etc.
2. He is arrested and charged with said crime.
3. He is offered a plea deal to plea down to a lesser charge to do less time in prison. If he refuses, he will go to trial.
4. If he is in a trial, good luck finding 12 people who won't sympathize with little Emily when shes crying up on the stand.
5. If he is found guilty, he does 5-10 times more time in prison than if he had pled out.
6. If and when he is released from prison, he can't find a job, find a place to live, he loses his family, friends etc.
Think this doesn't happen? Think again. I hate using this source, but it's true. It's not about political bias, it's about truth.
After all, there is no physical evidence proving that a molestation happened. So you're willing to put someone away forever and ruin their lives from nothing more than a verbal accusation?