Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 244

Thread: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

  1. #201
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm appalled by those willing to use government force against the rights of others whom have not themselves infringed upon the rights of anyone.
    So an arrest is government force? Wow. Isn't that kind of twisted and a bit paranoid?
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  2. #202
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Because they are defending a man who has decided to teach people how to f*ck kids? There is no nice way to put it.
    He wrote a book. One has to read it and then act on it before rights are actually infringed upon. That's the end all be all. The dude cannot make others "**** kids". Others must make that choice themselves. But given the countless other books which promote illegal activities and lethal skills which are legal, this book is in the same family. And if they are legal, why should this one be illegal? There's not a logical argument behind it, and without that you have no actual reason to ban the book itself.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #203
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Awww - and we were having such fun. Sigh... Goodbye Bilbo, goodbye. If I were a troll, you should have been able to vanquish me, no?
    Sockie. Are you wearing a red sock tonight old "friend"?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #204
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    So an arrest is government force? Wow. Isn't that kind of twisted and a bit paranoid?
    Arrest is government force. Without government force, an individual would not be arrested. Paranoid? No, it's just reality. If the cops (government agents I'll remind you in case you somehow let that little fact slip your mind) did not show up to arrest him, he would not be in jail. The government must apply force to arrest someone. The government must apply force to try someone. The government must apply force to jail someone. It's all government force. So quit being stupid about this and recognize what is. There's no twist or paranoia. Outside force is necessary to suppress the exercise of our rights, government is that force in this case. Arrest=force.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #205
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Because he's an asshole, why else?
    Now now, TOS, happy boy. Such language.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  6. #206
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm appalled by those willing to use government force against the rights of others whom have not themselves infringed upon the rights of anyone.
    How can you say promoting pedophilia does not infringe the rights of others?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #207
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Arrest is government force. Without government force, an individual would not be arrested. Paranoid? No, it's just reality. If the cops (government agents I'll remind you in case you somehow let that little fact slip your mind) did not show up to arrest him, he would not be in jail. The government must apply force to arrest someone. The government must apply force to try someone. The government must apply force to jail someone. It's all government force. So quit being stupid about this and recognize what is. There's no twist or paranoia. Outside force is necessary to suppress the exercise of our rights, government is that force in this case. Arrest=force.
    Okay, whatever you say.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    From what I understand this book does have pictures in it. Drawn ones to be sure..but pictures all the same.
    Drawn photos are not child porn.

    Next.......

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How can you say promoting pedophilia does not infringe the rights of others?
    Because it doesn't. Pedophilia isn't illegal, so how can it infringe upon someone's rights? Does not promoting murder with books that teach how to kill and shoot infringe upon someone's rights? Where is your outrage about those?
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 12-25-10 at 02:46 AM.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Author of 'Pedophile's Guide' Arrested on Obscenity Charges

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How can you say promoting pedophilia does not infringe the rights of others?
    Because no one's rights are infringed upon by the book. The book cannot take action. Without action, there can be no outside force. Less perhaps you want to explain how a book infringes upon the rights of others.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •