Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 117

Thread: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

  1. #101
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you ever suggested that slavery wasn't the number one reason for secession, I would love to see it.
    Now you are going to pretend he said "number one", which I might add is different from "only".
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #102
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, tell us what the other reasons were. Go ahead, feel free. Thanks in advance.
    I've told you before. Tariffs. You're welcome.

    And before you claim I omitted state's rights, that pretty goes hand in hand with slavery, which is cited in the Articles of Seccession.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I've told you before. Tariffs. You're welcome.

    And before you claim I omitted state's rights, that pretty goes hand in hand with slavery, which is cited in the Articles of Seccession.
    So, you disagree with the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Now you are going to pretend he said "number one", which I might add is different from "only".
    It wasn't even the, "number one", issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you disagree with the OP?
    No, they mention slavery more than they do the tariffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #106
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It wasn't even the, "number one", issue.
    I can see how it appears that way as they mention slavery more than any other issue in the Articles of Secession.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #107
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    No, they mention slavery more than they do the tariffs.
    You agree with the OP, that the reason for secession was for no other than to preserve slavery, because they wanted it vice needed it?

    That rings of, "the war was fought over slavery".

    Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #108
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You agree with the OP, that the reason for secession was for no other than to preserve slavery, because they wanted it vice needed it?

    That rings of, "the war was fought over slavery".

    Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.
    The war was fought to preserve the Union. They could have cited any reason to secede and the result would have been the same.

    I know this has been explained to you before.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #109
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The war was fought to preserve the Union. They could have cited any reason to secede and the result would have been the same.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice dodge, bro!

    Aw man! I **** my pants, I laughed so hard at that response.

    "Why Federal soldiers fought the war", is a totally different debate, may man.

    There were fewer Federal soldiers fighting to end slavery than there were Confederate soldiers fighting to preserve slavery.
    Last edited by apdst; 12-21-10 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #110
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 150 years later, S. Carolina celebration sparks new Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice dodge, bro!

    Aw man! I **** my pants, I laughed so hard at that response.

    "Why Federal soldiers fought the war", is a totally different debate, may man.

    There were fewer Federal soldiers fighting to end slavery than there were Confederate soldiers fighting to preserve slavery.
    Are you drunk?

    The North was not going to allow the South to secede no matter what. It doesn't matter what the Northern soldiers thought personally as they were fulfilling their duty to their country.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •