Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 152

Thread: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

  1. #31
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #32
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    There's no indication whatsoever that said information will be incriminating in any respect. Pretty much none of these diplomatic cables were.

    You assume wrongdoing with no reason, at all.

    And by THIS standard, he's really got NO cause to complain here, because it's specifically about criminal wrongdoing. So, as you say, why shouldn't we know about it?
    Actually there is plenty of wrongdoing revealed on the part of the U.S. and the part of other countries as well. It need not be criminal to be information that should be revealed.

    Read his perosnal history and his own comments on the matter.
    His words prove that his motivation is to do good.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,284

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So, the world's foremost leaker is incensed about . . . a leak. Concerning himself.

    Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers | The Australian





    Heads are no doubt exploding.
    I hope this son of a bitch gets nailed to the wall. He's the biggest crybaby and hypocrite when the leaks are about him. How ironic.

    WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone | News.com.au
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Just because you may not like what he did does not mean he did not do it for the right reasons.
    Except looking at the leaked documents shows your assement to be off. Are you suggesting every leaked document shows an example of wrongdoing?

    Really? If a company were dumping chemical waste upstream from a town it would be no one's business?
    If an individual was dumping chemical waste upstream from a town would it be no one's business?

    Someone doing illegal activity, be it a corporation or a singular person, is the governments business. People doing LEGAL things, be them as a group (Such a corporation) or as an individual entity, is not.

    Your attempted example doesn't prove your point at all.

    And all you're doing with the rest of your post is coming up with rationalizations and excuses for why its okay for SOME private entities to be leaked about but why other private entites shouldn't. You're doing this because you made a retarded claim and got called out on it so you're flailing wildly as you try to back peddle to cover up your ridiculous argument.

  5. #35
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל • אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I hope this son of a bitch gets nailed to the wall. He's the biggest crybaby and hypocrite when the leaks are about him. How ironic.

    WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone | News.com.au
    Apparently, he can't even **** without leaking.

    אשכנזי היהודי • Белый Россию

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    As disgusting as his private life is, if the reports are true, and perhaps there are criminal charges there, I do not think he broke any US laws for leaking classified US documents. The irony is thick, however.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Apparently, he can't even **** without leaking.
    LOL

    Ok, someone top that. I dare you.

  8. #38
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Except looking at the leaked documents shows your assement to be off. Are you suggesting every leaked document shows an example of wrongdoing?
    Every document? Probably not, but those are more likely to be the ones that cannot even be construed as harmful.

    If an individual was dumping chemical waste upstream from a town would it be no one's business?

    Someone doing illegal activity, be it a corporation or a singular person, is the governments business. People doing LEGAL things, be them as a group (Such a corporation) or as an individual entity, is not.

    Your attempted example doesn't prove your point at all.
    Except it does as the poster insisted that leaking information from private corporations was no different than leaking information about a private individual. I can think of plenty of possibilities where something should be exposed about a private corporation despite being technically legal.

    And all you're doing with the rest of your post is coming up with rationalizations and excuses for why its okay for SOME private entities to be leaked about but why other private entites shouldn't. You're doing this because you made a retarded claim and got called out on it so you're flailing wildly as you try to back peddle to cover up your ridiculous argument.
    I don't know what you are talking about there. My argument is simply that private corporations should not be equated with private individuals.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #39
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Every document? Probably not, but those are more likely to be the ones that cannot even be construed as harmful.
    The diplomatic cables revealed pretty much no wrongdoing.

    Except it does as the poster insisted that leaking information from private corporations was no different than leaking information about a private individual. I can think of plenty of possibilities where something should be exposed about a private corporation despite being technically legal.
    Oh? What are these "plenty of possibilities"? Let's see them. And then explain exactly why it's anyone's business except theirs.

    And you seem to have ignored that in this case, with this "private individual," the leaked papers concerned criminal activity.

    Nope, this douche doesn't have a leg to stand on to complain about it when the whole world laughs in his face.


    I don't know what you are talking about there. My argument is simply that private corporations should not be equated with private individuals.
    They're both private and not accountable to YOU.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #40
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    His words prove that his motivation is to do good.
    Then you either have a very limited scope of what he's said, or you have a warped definition of "good."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •