Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 152

Thread: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

  1. #131
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    read this only if you want to recognize the misinformation and propaganda being disseminated against assange/wikileaks:
    8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media | | AlterNet
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, there are procedures. Yes, it can be abused. Yes, it is still better than anarchy, which is all assholes like Assange offer.
    Let me ask you a question. Would it really matter what Assaunge's personal goals might be? Would you think any different if his goals were entirely about nothing but trying to make the world a better place?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    read this only if you want to recognize the misinformation and propaganda being disseminated against assange/wikileaks:
    8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media | | AlterNet
    Hey look at all the strawmen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Let me ask you a question. Would it really matter what Assaunge's personal goals might be? Would you think any different if his goals were entirely about nothing but trying to make the world a better place?
    None. His motives are secondary at best. The fact he is making the world a worse place in my opinion is a more important one. The fact he is making the military and diplomatic efforts of my country harder is a more important one. The fact that his efforts may put good people at additional risk is a more important one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #135
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Out of curiosity..do you know the difference between personal privacy and a government that is suppose to be controlled by the public?
    Both leaks are wrong. There's the irony.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    None. His motives are secondary at best. The fact he is making the world a worse place in my opinion is a more important one. The fact he is making the military and diplomatic efforts of my country harder is a more important one. The fact that his efforts may put good people at additional risk is a more important one.
    So why keep talking about em?

    As for your opinions...all of them have yet to be proven worth worrying about. As Eric Holder (I think it was him) said "The US is too big to be ignored" Or words to that effect anyways.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #137
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So why keep talking about em?

    As for your opinions...all of them have yet to be proven worth worrying about. As Eric Holder (I think it was him) said "The US is too big to be ignored" Or words to that effect anyways.
    Because they keep getting brought up.

    I think you are thinking of Gates, not Holder, and he also admitted the cable release was harmful, just not the end of the world.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because they keep getting brought up.
    I don't recall ever bringing it up. *shrugs*

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you are thinking of Gates, not Holder, and he also admitted the cable release was harmful, just not the end of the world.
    I would like to know the extent of the harm that so many says there is. Unfortenately there is no way to tell and we certainly won't be told the exact extent by our government.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #139
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look at all the strawmen.
    point them out
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #140
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    point them out
    Really? You can't figure this out yourself? OK.

    Fearmongering that WikiLeaks revelations will result in deaths
    The claim is that the leaks could result in deaths and puts people at risk.

    Spreading the lie that WikiLeaks posted all the cables
    Trivial point and had never heard any one claim they had released all the cables.

    Falsely claiming that Assange has committed a crime regarding WikiLeaks.
    Hey, at least some do claim this. Mostly though we say that it is being looked into. It is, at this time, unknown if he will be charged with any crimes in the US. Better, but still only arguing against a very few.

    Denying that WikiLeaks is a journalistic enterprise
    Hey, they got one right, and if charges are filed, it will end up being the supreme court that decides whether they are or not. To my mind, they are not, they are a blog, so at least it is not a straw man.

    Denying a link between Ellsberg's Pentagon Papers and WikiLeaks, despite Ellsberg's support of the site.
    Link would be a very strong term, but there is certainly a comparison, and no one is denying it. Ellsberg's support in no way makes or does not make the claim(it's entirely irrelevant), which shows you how shoddy the logic is at the site you linked to. This is basically a straw man.

    Accusing Assange of profiting from WikiLeaks
    Again, had not heard this till I saw your source. No one really is claiming it.

    Calling Assange a terrorist.
    What, a dozen people have called him this. Pure strawman.

    Minimizing the significance of the cables
    Again, no one is saying this. What is being said is it is not end of the world stuff, and mostly stuff suspected or known.

    So out of the 8, maybe 3 are not straw men, and those have other issues with them, with the only exception that some are claiming he is not a journalist. One out of eight ain't bad?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •