Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 152

Thread: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

  1. #111
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You're wasting your time with these characters. Common sense would help them see your point, but is lacking when examples are taken too literally.
    but the example was absurd
    how is the disclosure of launch code information harmful if the recipient of that information does not have access to the nuclear device to put the information to use
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #112
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Since you obviously cannot disprove any of what I said how about these questions. How do you know that the terrorists didn't already know about that family when the cables were released? How do you know if that family wasn't already killed? How do you know that the family is even in that town anymore? Maybe the CIA already got them out of there and some place safe?

    There are so many unknown variables in this that all that you are doing is assuming the worst.
    Not assuming the worst, assuming the most likely. Most likely, people are at risk due to the leaks. People have their lives, and their families lives at heightened risk so that Assange can get his little blog noticed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but the example was absurd
    how is the disclosure of launch code information harmful if the recipient of that information does not have access to the nuclear device to put the information to use
    Who the hell cares if it was absurd ???? He was trying to make a point that everyone but you understood perfectly.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #114
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who the hell cares if it was absurd ???? He was trying to make a point that everyone but you understood perfectly.
    no, he failed
    he tried to paint release of launch codes as something which would be damaging
    i pointed out that the released information could only be found harmful if the reader also had access to the nuclear device requiring those codes
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    How do you know that Assange doesn't have an agenda against the Afghans he exposed to danger ??

    How do you know Assange isn't a member of Al Queda ??

    How do you know Assange isn't a martian ???

    See how silly your game is ??
    So would you agree that it is bad to assume anything?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So what if he was releasing the nuclear launch codes?
    Wouldn't care. For the simple fact that one has to have access to the computer that launches them. Also the moment that such information is released such codes would be changed faster than you can blink. (sorry but you really did give a bad example there)
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not assuming the worst, assuming the most likely. Most likely, people are at risk due to the leaks. People have their lives, and their families lives at heightened risk so that Assange can get his little blog noticed.
    Most likely those people were already at risk anyways. And no you are not assuming the most likely. You are just assuming what fits your particular view point.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who the hell cares if it was absurd ???? He was trying to make a point that everyone but you understood perfectly.
    When debating someone it is best to not use absurd analogies. They just get you in trouble and does not prove anything.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #119
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So would you agree that it is bad to assume anything?
    I agree that its bad to assume that the leaks had any purpose except to satisfy Assange's ego.

    I also agree that its bad to assume they have not and could not cause harm or death.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #120
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Most likely those people were already at risk anyways. And no you are not assuming the most likely. You are just assuming what fits your particular view point.
    No, I am assuming the most likely. If you look at the tactics used by the enemy in Afghanistan, it is pretty clear they can and will target those who are identified as working with us over there. The problem with Assange is he considers the lives of those he put at risk less important than his little blog and pointless crusade. The problem with those defending him is that they support some one who has proven to be an enemy of their country.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •