Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 185

Thread: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

  1. #41
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Can you think of any country that has ever managed to really secure it's borders? I can't think of a single one. The cost alone would be prohibitive, and your suggestion won't do it.
    Well, if you don't like that idea, maybe we should treat illegal immigrants the way they would treat us if we tried to move into their country.
    I think a fence is more compassionate and there's no reason it can't be done.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    So we kind of agree. I am just insisting that we do things in reverse order otherwise Congress will do nothing on the enforcement front. They'll just pass DREAM and follow it with other compassionate and nice sounding bills that get people labled as insensitive if they are against them. I am not playing that game with the jerks in Congress.
    I think it should be all done in one package. Probably not everything, since I abhor making huge hard to undo changes, but put improved border security, improved enforcement against employers of illegals and illegals themselves, and the variation of the DREAM act I suggested all in one package.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Well, if you don't like that idea, maybe we should treat illegal immigrants the way they would treat us if we tried to move into their country.
    I think a fence is more compassionate and there's no reason it can't be done.
    Barb, do you know what a straw man is?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think it should be all done in one package. Probably not everything, since I abhor making huge hard to undo changes, but put improved border security, improved enforcement against employers of illegals and illegals themselves, and the variation of the DREAM act I suggested all in one package.
    Amnesty failed when Reagan did it. It will fail again. There is no way to stop the Mexican takeover of America. Mexicans are entitled to go any where on earth they want to without any one raising objections.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Amnesty failed when Reagan did it. It will fail again. There is no way to stop the Mexican takeover of America. Mexicans are entitled to go any where on earth they want to without any one raising objections.
    The DREAM act is not about stopping illegal immigration. If it is being sold as such that is entirely dishonest.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The DREAM act is not about stopping illegal immigration. If it is being sold as such that is entirely dishonest.
    You are flat out completely wrong and in error.

    The Stupid Dream Act is the first step for amnesty. The first step down the slippery slope of allowing millions and millions to become US citizens.

    Edit: These Mexican kids now have a choice. They can go back to their country or they can live here in the shadows for the rest of their lives. This works for me.
    Last edited by Albert Di Salvo; 12-20-10 at 03:03 PM.

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    You are flat out completely wrong and in error.

    The Stupid Dream Act is the first step for amnesty. The first step down the slippery slope of allowing millions and millions to become US citizens.
    Read what I wrote please. Nowhere did I say anything about amnesty. Obviously allowing some in the country a route to citizenship is a form of amnesty, though to my mind in this case a fairly benign one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    You are flat out completely wrong and in error.

    The Stupid Dream Act is the first step for amnesty. The first step down the slippery slope of allowing millions and millions to become US citizens.
    yeah, those assholes who think serving in our military should count for something are just stupid mexicans, right?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #49
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    It will never happen. It is an impossibility - too much border. Best to go ahead and have them serve in our military, make em citizens, get em paying taxes. Same time we can crack down on businesses that hire illegals.
    I would rather the illegal immigration problem be slowed down to a trickle than to just leave the flood gates open.We should secure the border. We should crack down on the scum who hire illegals by jailing them,revoking their business license and make them subject to assets seizure and forfeiture law. Since it takes two to tango we should also throw illegals who are caught into jail 6 for six months(assuming this is their first offense and only crime) before sending them back their country.We do not need to legalize any illegal that is here

    We should also do things on the local level to entice illegals to go back to their countries-

    1.No tax payer funded services(driver's licenses, food handler permits,IDs, business licenses and etc) for illegals. The fact someone is here illegally means that they should not be allowed to walk into a government office without being arrested.


    2. Require financial institutions(banks,check cashing places and money wiring services ) to require a valid state ID.

    3. Require auto-dealerships new and used to not sell vehicles to anyone without a valid state issued driver's license.

    4.Require schools to verify that the parents are actually residents of the state(illegals can not be residents of the state) and have local valid state issued IDs or driver's licenses.

    5.No tax payer funded benefits(welfare,food stamps, education and etc.)or illegals.Again the fact someone is here illegally means that they should not be allowed to walk into a government office without being arrested.

    6.Require the police to verify the legal status of everyone they pull over for a traffic offense. This one no one can falsely claim discrimination or racial profiling. This would also get illegals from Canada and European countries and other illegals who can easily blend in with the local population.

    7.Require hospitals to report illegals to authorities. If they have to report gun shot wounds and child abuse then there is no reason we can't require hospitals to report illegals.

    8.Enact something similar to Arizona's law that makes it hard to pick up day laborers.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read what I wrote please. Nowhere did I say anything about amnesty. Obviously allowing some in the country a route to citizenship is a form of amnesty, though to my mind in this case a fairly benign one.
    Won't happen. They will live in the shadows. That is the price for illegality. These Mexican kids must not be allowed to be the beneficiaries of their parents evil and illegal actions.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •