Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 185

Thread: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

  1. #161
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, it's all part of our vast left wing conspiracy to make republicans look bad. That's it.
    What wasn't it brought to the floor for debate?

    Is that how Dems want to do this now?

  2. #162
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am a demo and I have interest in every group. I want to make the country the best it can be for all groups.

    Note also, I am a demo and I opposed DREAM in it's current form.

    Well, then I have to give you a thanks, however just because you opposed it as you say, "in its current form" I have no doubt that you would support it if the things you don't like were changed.

    Another amnesty is NOT what we need right now. Although I am torn of those that served in our armed forces. If the bill could be cleaned up to let them in but not their extended family, then I would consider it.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am torn of those that served in our armed forces. If the bill could be cleaned up to let them in but not their extended family, then I would consider it.


    j-mac
    Illegal aliens in the military should be allowed to complete their terms of service, and then they should be immediately deported to their home countries. That's pretty harsh isn't it? That's what happens when illegal aliens overwhelm and radicalize the locals.

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Obama announces his intention to push for immigration reform next year:
    POLITICO Forums:Congress: Obama vows immigration push - POLITICO.com

    His chances are somewhere between slim and none. Illegals will continue to live in the shadows for the remainder of their lives.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Obama announces his intention to push for immigration reform next year:
    POLITICO Forums:Congress: Obama vows immigration push - POLITICO.com

    His chances are somewhere between slim and none. Illegals will continue to live in the shadows for the remainder of their lives.
    wasn't immigration reform supposed to be a priority in his first year? Then again this year? Now next year?

  6. #166
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    If a Republican controlled House and a thinly held Democratic Senate were able to agree on immigration reform, it would be great thing, an important advance for our country. Here's hoping that Obama can make it happen.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    wasn't immigration reform supposed to be a priority in his first year? Then again this year? Now next year?
    Yup. I have absolutely no problem with Obama rubbing salt into the wound. It will contribute to the balkanization of the country. It will result in further radicalization.

  8. #168
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, then I have to give you a thanks, however just because you opposed it as you say, "in its current form" I have no doubt that you would support it if the things you don't like were changed.

    Another amnesty is NOT what we need right now. Although I am torn of those that served in our armed forces. If the bill could be cleaned up to let them in but not their extended family, then I would consider it.


    j-mac
    So you could support it in another form as well. And I agree, it should not bring in their whole family.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    If a Republican controlled House and a thinly held Democratic Senate were able to agree on immigration reform, it would be great thing, an important advance for our country. Here's hoping that Obama can make it happen.
    The new Republican controlled House will drive a stake through the heart of the Dream Act. There is no "our country" any more.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you could support it in another form as well. And I agree, it should not bring in their whole family.
    The whole family is coming whether you want them to or not. Mexicans have the right to travel the entire earth without anyone being able to object.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •