Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 185

Thread: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Yes.


    .
    If we can afford to do stuff that were failures and had no business doing then we can certainly afford a wall along the border for actual security.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    I agree, and while the wall will do a decent job of keeping out illegals, let's bolster that defense by putting the National Guard on the US-Mexico border, too! Take that, illegals!!

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If we can afford to do stuff that were failures and had no business doing then we can certainly afford a wall along the border for actual security.
    Iraq was not a failure and we certainly had business doing it.

    You don't seem to have a clue as to what resources would be needed to build a wall. We shouldn't be creating that kind of police state anyway.

  4. #94
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate - Yahoo! News



    This is one where I have to come down on the same side as republicans. I like the concept of DREAM, but I think, at least for now, it should be limited to military service as the route to access to citizenship.
    Just to commemorate the fact that sometimes you're unbiased. Just like me.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Iraq was not a failure and we certainly had business doing it.
    Where did I say that Iraq was a failure? Do you need to take a reading comprehension course? I was talking about two wars...one being a failure the other with us being there when we shouldn't have been.

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You don't seem to have a clue as to what resources would be needed to build a wall. We shouldn't be creating that kind of police state anyway.
    lmao A hell of a lot less resources than what has been used in two wars you can be sure of that.

    As for it being a police state...How? Last I knew I never advocated that citizens or legals have to stay behind that wall. Just illegals. Or are you now trying to say that we have no right to defend our own borders from incursions?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    One other benefit to building a wall would be the fact that it would put a serious dent in the amount of illegal drugs and people traffic that is so prevalent along our borders. 2 birds with one stone...this is sounding better to me all the time.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    lmao A hell of a lot less resources than what has been used in two wars you can be sure of that.
    You are delusional. 2000 miles of border? Forget about it.

    As for it being a police state...How? Last I knew I never advocated that citizens or legals have to stay behind that wall. Just illegals. Or are you now trying to say that we have no right to defend our own borders from incursions?
    Military incursions, of course. Don't need a wall for that. Immigration is a different story. Better to make it unattractive to come here illegally. A wall is a ridiculously stupid and inane idea.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    One other benefit to building a wall would be the fact that it would put a serious dent in the amount of illegal drugs and people traffic that is so prevalent along our borders. 2 birds with one stone...this is sounding better to me all the time.
    Better to legalize them and eliminate the revenue stream for cartels and smugglers.

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You are delusional. 2000 miles of border? Forget about it.
    Are you really trying to say that 2 wars over the course of 10 years would equal less resources used than a 2000 mile wall? Are you serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Military incursions, of course. Don't need a wall for that. Immigration is a different story. Better to make it unattractive to come here illegally. A wall is a ridiculously stupid and inane idea.
    In your opinion. An opinion which has yet to stand up to my arguement.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Dream Act" immigration bill blocked in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Are you really trying to say that 2 wars over the course of 10 years would equal less resources used than a 2000 mile wall? Are you serious?



    In your opinion. An opinion which has yet to stand up to my arguement.
    In your dreams

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •