Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-19-10 @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    75

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Don't get me started on the decline of the American character.
    Decline? If you say so.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post
    Decline? If you say so.
    Americans could once dream and imagine. They could put people on the surface of the moon. They're gone now.

  3. #63
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    It's a victory for everyone who isn't a bigot, just as the other civil rights victories have been. Folks who refuse to do the right thing simply because someone they don't like might benefit from it reveal themselves to be of questionable character. If people on the right had made the repeal of DADT a part of their platform, as they should have, then Obama would not be able to claim this as a victory, it would simply be part of the job.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-19-10 @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    75

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Americans could once dream and imagine. They could put people on the surface of the moon. They're gone now.
    Yes, because that was so useful.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh come on. This may be the best time in history to be a moderate conservative.
    I'm not a moderate conservative. I'm a radical conservative. Sometimes it's not easy to tell whether I'm on the left or the right. I represent a new way of thinking about the role of govt., and America's role in the world.

    Support for lgbt rights is growing within conservative ranks because of people like me. And it is because of people like me that lgbt rights will be accepted by all sides in this country.

    Edit: On second thought, you can call me an Obama Conservative. Obama is the father of radical conservatism.
    Last edited by Albert Di Salvo; 12-18-10 at 06:08 PM.

  6. #66
    User Captain Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Last Seen
    12-23-10 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Burr? Really? My God...It's a Christmas miracle! I might have to start hating him less.

  7. #67
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Dan Choi is talking on CNN

  8. #68
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I'm not a moderate conservative. I'm a radical conservative. Sometimes it's not easy to tell whether I'm on the left or the right. I represent a new way of thinking about the role of govt., and America's role in the world.

    Support for lgbt rights is growing within conservative ranks because of people like me. And it is because of people like me that lgbt rights will be accepted by all sides in this country.
    Okay. Many groups are working to make LGBT rights a nonpartisan issue. GOProud, the Log Cabin Republicans, etc.

  9. #69
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    I'm about damn time!
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post
    Yes, because that was so useful.
    It helped improve the American standard of living.

    Young people of this era will experience the bitterness of being the first generation to have declining living standards.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •