Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #631
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Girls showers have individual showers with curtains. Boys showers are a row of nozzles on a wall.
    And that makes any difference when talking about sexuality how? I did assume that boys' showers were like that. There are also some girls' showers that are like that (ever see Sixteen Candles?). I don't remember how the girls' showers were in HS, although I know that the showers in both the girls' and boys' locker rooms in the pool, where I spent most of my time in sports and my last high school gym class, had individual showers. I just don't see how that makes a difference in this situation. In fact, it should mean that guys should have less of a problem showering with gay men than girls do showering with gay women, since guys have been showering with gay boys since they were in HS and girls (according to you) haven't.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 12-28-10 at 01:17 AM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    01-13-11 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    685

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And that makes any difference when talking about sexuality how? I did assume that boys' showers were like that. There are also some girls' showers that are like that (ever see Sixteen Candles?). I don't remember how the girls' showers were in HS, although I know that the showers in both the girls' and boys' locker rooms in the pool, where I spent most of my time in sports and my last high school gym class. I just don't see how that makes a difference in this situation. In fact, it should mean that guys should have less of a problem showering with gay men than girls do showering with gay women, since guys have been showering with gay boys since they were in HS and girls (according to you) haven't.
    There are still high schools that use public showers? I wouldn't feel comfortable being around some of my fellow classmates naked, some of them are creepers.

  3. #633
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    When I left in 2007, there wasn't a single section of BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) that didn't have hygienic trailers with single/walled showers (with curtains) for troops to use. As this may not be the case everywhere, "showers" are a dwindling issue. Someone being open about their sexuality doesn't automatically make you hot or worth a double-take.
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  4. #634
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    There are still high schools that use public showers? I wouldn't feel comfortable being around some of my fellow classmates naked, some of them are creepers.
    ROFLMAO. I love unintentional irony.

  5. #635
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    I think this entire thread stands as a testament to the almost mind-boggling American aversion to dealing openly with sexuality. You're all intensely sexually frustrated. XD

    But, really.

  6. #636
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,787

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    I think this entire thread stands as a testament to the almost mind-boggling American aversion to dealing openly with sexuality. You're all intensely sexually frustrated. XD

    But, really.
    Location: London, England..

    Hey, it's you bastards' fault for sending all the puritans over here on boats. Why couldn't you have sent pagans?
    Last edited by Deuce; 12-28-10 at 05:22 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #637
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,449

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    A military member who is openly a member of a hate group (i.e. KKK, Black Panthers, Islamic terrorists group) is not being professional. They have claimed the beliefs/ideals of the group that they are a member of, most of which include a fight against tolerance of a specific group or many groups of people. So, either they are following those tenets that they have agreed to do, which means they are most likely discriminating or worse against someone in their unit or in the military during that time. Or they are lying about truly wanting to be a member of that group. Who joins a group like that who doesn't actually believe that they should act to get others to believe what they do and act on those beliefs? And, if someone is joining such a group while not actually believing in everything that they stand for, then why bother taking the risk of being kicked out of the military for doing so or not being allowed in in the first place?

    Being openly gay doesn't require a person to espouse to any ideas or principles that are hateful or intolerant. All it requires is that someone be attracted to and want to date/be with members of their same sex. Homosexuals aren't required to become a member of any organization to be homosexual.
    Why not? Because it's something you don't agree with?

    Sounds to me like you're selling our service members short and saying that they're not professional enough to look past a person's personal beliefs and soldier on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why not? Because it's something you don't agree with?

    Sounds to me like you're selling our service members short and saying that they're not professional enough to look past a person's personal beliefs and soldier on.
    The reason a member of those groups cannot join the military is because their beliefs are not consistent with the policies and beliefs of the military and the government. The same cannot be said for homosexual behavior, officially, given the recent change.

  9. #639
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,449

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The reason a member of those groups cannot join the military is because their beliefs are not consistent with the policies and beliefs of the military and the government. The same cannot be said for homosexual behavior, officially, given the recent change.
    In your opinion. There are some highly experienced, highly decorated, very intelligent officers, currently serving in the military, that claim the opposite. There are even folks that don't agree with members of certain religions.

    if your argument is, "our servicemen and women are professional enough to handle it", then that same argument should apply to everything. Unless, the person pushing that argument is only interested in political correctness, vice freedom, liberty and fairness. i.e hypocrisy.

    I've served with more open racists than I have with open gays. Even in units that I've served in that had issues, racism wasn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #640
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Location: London, England..

    Hey, it's you bastards' fault for sending all the puritans over here on boats. Why couldn't you have sent pagans?
    I thought the puritans left on their own, due to a dislike for their faiths, or some such.

    Hell, my ancestors might have been some.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •