Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #601
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're scared to answer the question, aren't you? You see the corner you've painted yourself into.

    It has **** all to do with everything, since we're talking about the ability of the American serviceman to handle dealing with something he doesn't agree with and continueing to soldier on.
    It's not fear to not play along with your diversionary tactic and attempt to tie gays in with extremist organizations.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #602
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    If you're an extremist, you're an extremist.

    Why would you say its any more ok for a KKK member, of a member of Al Quaeda serving in the US military, as funny as that sounds.

    I'm sorry what corner? You brought up this topic for no reason at all... Because you simply cannot prove that gays will have a profoundly negative effect.

    You've been against repeal from the very beggining.

    I understand your arguments, and quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Your own prejudice is yours.

    **** the KKK.
    That almost sounds like you calling me a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #603
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That almost sounds like you calling me a racist.
    It would to you wouldn't it.

    Since you can't win on any other arguments, you simply cast Race Card.

    I said **** the KKK randomly. Didn't mean it in any way.


  4. #604
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Ok apdst. You are an extremist because you dislike gays. Now that is fine for you to hate gays. But do not try to legislate what they can or can not do. If they want to serve let them serve. What is wrong with you? If a gay guy rescues you from a burning building. Would you not want to be rescued by him due to his sexuality? He is doing a job. And people should be allowed to be themselves without any fear of repercussion due to something they have no control over.

  5. #605
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's not fear to not play along with your diversionary tactic and attempt to tie gays in with extremist organizations.
    I'm not trying to tie extremist orgs to gays. Obviously, they not the same thing.

    I'm trying to illustrate a point about my faith in the professionalism of American service members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #606
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Ok apdst. You are an extremist because you dislike gays. Now that is fine for you to hate gays. But do not try to legislate what they can or can not do. If they want to serve let them serve. What is wrong with you? If a gay guy rescues you from a burning building. Would you not want to be rescued by him due to his sexuality? He is doing a job. And people should be allowed to be themselves without any fear of repercussion due to something they have no control over.
    So, now I hate gays?

    It sure don't take long for you Libbos to start calling people racists and homophobes.

    And I don't have an argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #607
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Moderator's Warning:
    DADT cloture passesLet's not do the race baiting/race card thing, and all the accusations of such. For such divisive issue this thread has gone pretty well, let's not ruin it. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #608
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    I don't agree that the ban on membership in extremist orgs should be lifted, just for the record.

    However, my faith in our service membes has been questioned and this is far from the first time.

    I'm throwing out a challenge to see how much faith the abolitionists have in our troops.

    I guess no one wants to take the challenge and give an honest answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The DoD Has also made it clear that local commander have descesionary authority to make whatever billet arrangements they deem necessary for the good of the command. There's no way in hell that you can say with any amount of certainty, that there will be no seperate billets for gay and straight soldiers.

    I'm starting to wonder why it's such a big to the abolitionists that gay and straight soldiers live in the same barracks. Is it that repressed resentment of all those homophobes out there?
    Yes decisions like that will belong to local commanders for th reasons you and the report said, however it will not be a matter of Army policy to separate these Soldiers and in almost all cases I expect commanders to not have the sufficient facilities, or desire, to make special arrangment for any gay or straight Soldiers. And I'm glad you see you dropped that double or triple increase in sexual harassment that you've predicted.

  10. #610
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Bigotry comes not from the thoughts in your head. It comes from what you do. It's pretty bigoted to say "gays aren't capable of being good soldiers", or "being around gays will destroy army morale." Actually, the second one is less bigoted and more stupid. But when you say those things, you are a bigot. That's how it works.

    To that second argument, it's pretty dumb to think that a well trained soldier can handle life and death situations, injury, being shot at, having to shoot other people... But the gay cooties are over the line. That position shows an incredible lack of respect for our fighting force. They're smarter than that, and generally more decent people than that. After all, they're giving up their time, energy, and potentially their lives to serve their country. Don't assume that these people are as petty and fearful as you are.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •