Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #561
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hello goalpost....You in the wrong spot, let me move you back a few feet.
    Fire for efffect: are you saying that females don't live in seperate billets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #562
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Which brings forth an interesting question for ya apdst. How is the cohesion between the guys and the gals since you have stated that it hurts cohesion by having troops live seperately. Or did I misunderstand you?
    Obviously, it's not good enough, hence part of the reason that combat arms units aren't co-ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #563
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Fire for efffect: are you saying that females don't live in seperate billets?
    I’ll see ya … buddy, I think I will see if I can find someone with a couple of active braincells that wants to debate honestly.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #564
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, it's not good enough, hence part of the reason that combat arms units aren't co-ed.
    Wait...I thought the reason women weren't allowed in combat arms units was because...well they are women? You know, not able to lift as much, guys tendency to try and protect the women which diverts his attention from what he's suppose to be doing...that kind of stuff. At least that's what I've been told by members of the military anyways. Are you saying that they're wrong and the reason is that they are not housed together?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #565
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I’ll see ya … buddy, I think I will see if I can find someone with a couple of active braincells that wants to debate honestly.
    Carry on, troop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #566
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm sure you rushed your butt out to enlist, this morning. Didn't you?
    Does my enlisting or not somehow affect the professionalism of the marines?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #567
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Wait...I thought the reason women weren't allowed in combat arms units was because...well they are women? You know, not able to lift as much, guys tendency to try and protect the women which diverts his attention from what he's suppose to be doing...that kind of stuff. At least that's what I've been told by members of the military anyways. Are you saying that they're wrong and the reason is that they are not housed together?
    Yeah and most people who don't have a clue how the system works, believe that, too. In actuality, there are several reasons that combat arms units aren't co-ed. The least of which is ability. There are women out there that would make great infantrymen. However, they're still females, who have bleeding cracks every month, which makes hygene an issue. The natural instinct of men to protect women won't go away. The IDF has proven that when female soldiers are hit on the battlefield, the male soldiers will fall out of the attack, to attend to that wounded female, thereby weakening the assault force; which is why the IDF banned females from combat arms units for a number of years. There's the ever present sexual harassment issues, plus the fact that a male and female soldier, sharing a fighting position would be a definite distraction to both soldiers, possibly causing them to take their mind off their primary mission.

    No, it's not about ability. I've known females, both in and out of the service that would make fine infantry soldiers, which is why I've thought for some time that the U.S. Army and Marine Corps should field all female units, to include all female combat arms units (infantry, armor, cavalry and artillery), just like the Soviets did during WW2--female soldiers, female NCO's and female officers. That would solve the unit cohesion problem, because then, members of an entire unit would be able to be housed together, accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #568
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Does my enlisting or not somehow affect the professionalism of the marines?
    No, I figgered since the military was now more PC, you would have already been on your way to join their ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What are you going to say when most of the soldiers that don't want to sleep next to the, "queer faggot", are, "homophobe niggers"? Are you saying that the military would be better off with fewer black soldiers?

    Nevermind that silly arguement; gay and straight soldiers aren't going to be forced to share billets. It just ain't gonna happen. If the 80-90% of our service get out and there is a draft, that won't be good for our military.

    We've argued this over and over before, although thinking 80-90% of the military is going to get out is complete fantasy and you have nothing to back up those numbers. Anyway, I'm curious as to what you expect to see happen in the next year or two. You are convinced the military will fail or at least suffer in a great way, how will you measure that effect? A year or two from now, how will you measure the effect you are sure will happen.

    In fact, how do you measure anything you say? I'm saying this now because I'm certain you are going claim you were right all along, and probably post some sob story from a Soldier who got out the military in disgrace for something related to fellow Soldiers, who happen to be homosexual. However I believe you have no way what-so-ever to measure the effects you are talking about, the 80-90% of the military quitting speculation shows that.

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah and most people who don't have a clue how the system works, believe that, too. In actuality, there are several reasons that combat arms units aren't co-ed. The least of which is ability. There are women out there that would make great infantrymen. However, they're still females, who have bleeding cracks every month, which makes hygene an issue. The natural instinct of men to protect women won't go away. The IDF has proven that when female soldiers are hit on the battlefield, the male soldiers will fall out of the attack, to attend to that wounded female, thereby weakening the assault force; which is why the IDF banned females from combat arms units for a number of years. There's the ever present sexual harassment issues, plus the fact that a male and female soldier, sharing a fighting position would be a definite distraction to both soldiers, possibly causing them to take their mind off their primary mission.

    No, it's not about ability. I've known females, both in and out of the service that would make fine infantry soldiers, which is why I've thought for some time that the U.S. Army and Marine Corps should field all female units, to include all female combat arms units (infantry, armor, cavalry and artillery), just like the Soviets did during WW2--female soldiers, female NCO's and female officers. That would solve the unit cohesion problem, because then, members of an entire unit would be able to be housed together, accordingly.
    Just as a point of definition, women are not banned from Combat Arms branches. They are banned from the Infantry and Armor branches, they are allowed to serve in Field Artillery, Aviation, and Air Defense Artillery

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •