Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #401
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    01-12-11 @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Those would apply to you. It is usually the fool who paints those with different opinions as "illogical." Do I think them misguided? Yes. Not capable of reason? No. I am neither stupid, irrational, bigoted, ignorant, desperate, or illogical. I merely disagree based on my religion.
    Well that definatley makes you irrational, and ups the probabability of you being stupid, ignorant and bigoted.

    But hey, we're all ignorant about something right. GUESS THAT MEANS WE'RE ALL IGNORANMUSES ABOUT SOMTHING HUR HUR HUR.

  2. #402
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I happen to be black.
    What does being black have to do with being a racist and/or bigot? Are you saying that blacks can't be either or both of those things?

    As for the incest stuff being talked about in this thread...As long as they're adults I could care less if they're first cousins or not. Now brother and sister, or dad and sister or any combination of immediate family....I would be against that. Too easy for someone older to program a child into thinking that them having sex as a kid is OK. And no real way to tell until it is too late.

    As for the beastiality...last I knew in order to have sex with someone you needed to have consent coming from both sexual partners. Since animals can't give consent...well that equals rape, wouldn't you say?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #403
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What does being black have to do with being a racist and/or bigot? Are you saying that blacks can't be either or both of those things?

    I live in a predominantly black neighborhood and I can assure you that blacks in my neighborhood are very racist. So are the Mexicans, Russians, Asians etc..


    Just because you are black doesn't mean you aren't a racist.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #404
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I live in a predominantly black neighborhood and I can assure you that blacks in my neighborhood are very racist. So are the Mexicans, Russians, Asians etc..


    Just because you are black doesn't mean you aren't a racist.
    My dad use to say that there are two kinds of people in every race. One is good one is bad. What name you gave them deteremined weather you thought that person was good or bad. (ahole or not..whatever you want to call someone you don't like). When talking about the bad people in a particular race it went like this...Whites = crackers or hics or red necks (really depended on his mood), mexicans = spics or wetbacks, blacks = the N word and so on and so forth. When talking about the good people in a particular race it went like this... Whites = white, Mexicans = mexicans, Blacks = Blacks and so on and so forth.

    Are those words racist? By themselves no. When used a certain way then yes. I don't think my dad was being racist when he told me this. He was defineing attitudes more than anything else mixed with a good dose of Aholeness. However, I would bet that someone will find what my father said as racist.

    I know what I just said here went off on a bit of a tangent, but I felt that it needed to be said.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #405
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They already have their rights and if you say gay marriage I will say the have the same rights i have....They want special rights..............
    The term "special rights" is nothing but a right-wing propoganda talking point to try to avoid debating the real issues, because they know they lose.
    The same term was used about blacks in the civil rights movement. Blacks had the same right as everyone else to drink out of their drinking fountains...they wanted the special right to drink out of other people's drinking fountain.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The term "special rights" is nothing but a right-wing propoganda talking point to try to avoid debating the real issues, because they know they lose.
    The same term was used about blacks in the civil rights movement. Blacks had the same right as everyone else to drink out of their drinking fountains...they wanted the special right to drink out of other people's drinking fountain.
    Don't put this issue in terms of conservatives and leftists. To do so demeans conservative supporters of lgbt rights.

  7. #407
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Don't put this issue in terms of conservatives and leftists. To do so demeans conservative supporters of lgbt rights.
    I don't say this often, but Albert has a good point. Also note that the court case which may have contributed to some republican senators voting yes was brought by the Log Cabin Republicans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #408
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Don't put this issue in terms of conservatives and leftists. To do so demeans conservative supporters of lgbt rights.
    I generally agree, but you'll have to admit it was the Religious right who were against repeal of DADT.


  9. #409
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Don't put this issue in terms of conservatives and leftists. To do so demeans conservative supporters of lgbt rights.
    Notice...I didn't say "conservatives" I said "Right-wingers" who are "conservative" in social propoganda only.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #410
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    A very very true statement. In this case I think it is a victory for our military.
    Only time will tell. I don't think it'll have the happy ending that some folks think. But, they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, nevermind my military experience. They all know better than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •